116 patient evaluations for Prednisone

Nov 16, 2008 (Started Oct 31, 2008)

Major (for optic nerve inflammation (optic neuritis))
  • Side effects
    Severe (dry mouth, loss of sense of taste, feeling tense or on edge, elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia))
Advice & Tips: The treatment is working! Hang in there, my side effects have changed daily, but just keep to the course. The negatives have been outweighed by the energy I have been feeling. I have really actually enjoyed the insomnia because I have been able to clean and declutter my house like crazy - I cannot say enough about what a gift it has been to have these few weeks of increased energy. I had no idea what I was missing because I had been fatigued so long and thought I was just lazy.
Side effects: feeling tense or on edge, dry mouth, elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia), loss of sense of taste

Nov 1, 2008 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Can't tell (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain, facial swelling/puffiness, increased appetite, roid rage effects (steroids), gastric ulcer pain)
Advice & Tips: Prednisone is less problematic then solemedrol but not as effective and it causes a lot more stomach problems. (they need a better spell check in here, one with medications in it:)
Side effects: facial swelling/puffiness, gastric ulcer pain, weight gain, roid rage effects (steroids), increased appetite

Aug 31, 2008 (Started Aug 28, 2008)

None (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain, dry mouth, increased appetite, feeling tense or on edge, elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia))
Advice & Tips: all the above
Side effects: feeling tense or on edge, elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia), weight gain, dry mouth, increased appetite

Showing 3 of 116 patient evaluations for Prednisone