111 patient evaluations for Methylprednisolone

Aug 17, 2009 (Started Aug 14, 2009)

Can't tell (for help stop an exacerbation)
  • Side effects
    Severe (metallic taste in mouth, nausea, sleeplessness, change in taste, roid rage effects (steroids), jumpiness (startling easily))
Dosage: 1 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Give it a chance. It affects each of us differently and helps each situation differently.
Side effects: jumpiness (startling easily), nausea, sleeplessness, change in taste, metallic taste in mouth, roid rage effects (steroids), roid rage effects (steroids)

Oct 23, 2009 (Started Oct 20, 2009)

Slight (for pain)
    Major (for fatigue)
    Can't tell (for relapse MS (exacerbation))
  • Side effects
    Mild (insomnia, headaches, increased appetite, elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia))
Dosage: 1 g Daily
Advice & Tips: My Solu-Medrol IV's are being taken at home. A critical nurse came in to my house, explained it all to me and put in the IV in my left hand on the side of my thumb. Although I am 51 yrs old, I now live with my mother because it became impossible to take care of myself all the time. My mother, being a retired nurse, set's up the IV Infusion daily to my IV, times the drips to 5-8 drips/15 seconds. This dose of Solu-Medrol I am taking is for 5 days only at this time. The unexpected benefit I have received so far is the "false sense of well being." Yesterday was my 3rd dose and I felt like I could run a marathon. I had such a boost of energy. Today I was tired all day because I did not sleep good last night and I have been awake since 3:30am, Oct. 23, 2009. I have napped on and off all day but I have been tired because of being up for so long. I wouldn't want to take this every single day for the rest of my life. It is a pain in the butt. Also, back in 1998, I was in the hospital with Asthma and on Solu-Medrol and ended up with VERY bad side effects. I ended up with a vary bad abdomenal infection, ending in surgery, loosing 7 inches of my large colon.
Side effects: insomnia, elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia), increased appetite, headaches

Mar 11, 2010 (Started Jan 02, 2009)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (no sleep and major PMS...yes PMS is real and men can get it from hormonal imbalance cause by the steroids)
Advice & Tips: Have a sleep aid available to try and get some rest. The steroids jack me up I cant slep. Do not over do it. You might start to feel like the king of the world and you can easily do too much. Do a little then rest and recover. You will thank me after they ear off and you start to feel the soreness of the overdoing it.
Side effects: no sleep and major PMS...yes PMS is real and men can get it from hormonal imbalance cause by the steroids

Showing 3 of 111 patient evaluations for Methylprednisolone