133 patient evaluations for Carbidopa-Levodopa

Sep 22, 2010 (Started Sep 02, 2007)

Moderate (for slurred speech & walking like a drunk)
    Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (nervous energy, toe curling)
Dosage: 5 g Daily
Advice & Tips: We have tried to take this time release sinament as one pill, one and half pill and one and one fourth pill. My energy level was definately effected by the amount I took. One and one fourth is best. Too muchmade me nervous and upset, too little made me lethargic.
Side effects: nervous energy, toe curling

Jan 6, 2010 (Started Sep 02, 2007)

Slight (for slurred speech & walking like a drunk)
    Slight (for Parkinson's disease)
Advice & Tips: Be sure to check all drugs, even those not Parkinon's
Side effects: nervous energy, toe curling

Nov 13, 2010 (Started Dec 01, 2009)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Major (for slow movement (bradykinesia))
Dosage: 4 x 25 mg-100 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Have used some form of LDOPA since day one in 2000. Have used it in the following forms: 1. SINEMET 25/100 up too 8x daily 2. SINEMET CR 50/20 up to 6X daily 3. Generic LDOPA 25/100 *DR Jill changed this order to brand name only 4. Generic LDOPA CR 50/200 *DR Jill changed this order to brand name only 5. Neupro (Patch) I did very well on the patch and then they pulled it off the market. 6. PARCOPA 25/100

Aug 1, 2010 (Started Dec 01, 2009)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Major (for slow movement (bradykinesia))
Dosage: 4 x 25 mg-100 mg Daily

Jan 22, 2012 (Started Oct 21, 2009)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (insomnia, compulsive behavior, drowsiness, sleep problems, increased insomnia)
Dosage: 4 x 25 mg-100 mg Daily
Side effects: sleep problems, insomnia, compulsive behavior, drowsiness, increased insomnia

Dec 20, 2010 (Started Oct 21, 2009)

Dosage: 4 x 25 mg-100 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Thus far, I have had done of the Dyskinesia that I feared. However I have read that it takes up to 4 years to get these uncontrollable body ticks.

Mar 3, 2010 (Started Oct 21, 2009)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (insomnia, drowsiness, increased insomnia)
Dosage: 3 x 25 mg-100 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: It is like a night and day improvement. I wish that I had started on it earlier. Many of my symptoms have beem minimized.

Feb 4, 2010 (Started Oct 21, 2009)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Mild (insomnia, drowsiness, increased insomnia)
Dosage: 3 x 25 mg-100 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Since beginning Sinemet in 10-09 I can tell a great improvement. When I was only on Mirapex and Azilect, I have many PD symptoms that were not under control. The medicine would only work for about 3 months and then the symptoms yould return. Now that I am on Sinemet, it is like a day and night improvement. The sinemet has almost made the symptoms disappear; something that the Mirapex and Azilect did not do.

Nov 14, 2009 (Started Oct 21, 2009)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Mild (insomnia, drowsiness)
Dosage: 3 x 25 mg-100 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I started taking Sinemet kickingi and dragging. I had been on Azilect andn Mirapex for over 18 months. My PD symptoms were increasing: the arm tremors were increasing, walking was turning back into shuffling, I felt confused, etc. I have been on Sinemet for about 3 weeks and I must admit that I haven't felt this good in years. I am talking better, less mumbling, I am actually moving more quickly.

Showing 3 of 133 patient evaluations for Carbidopa-Levodopa