147 patient evaluations for Zolpidem

Apr 1, 2005 (Started Jan 15, 2005)

Moderate (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
Side effects: headaches in morning

Mar 7, 2002 (Started Mar 01, 2002)

Major (for insomnia)
  • Side effects

Jan 1, 2000 (Started May 01, 1999)

Moderate (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (amnesia, hallucinations)
Advice & Tips: Ambien (and a few others) make me hallucinate HARD-CORE as if I'd taken 5 hits of acid of something... It's hard to sleep when your tripping out of your mind and you think everyone's out to kill you and your vision is black and white and you can see people's skeleton's under their skin and weird things flying at you. Very Scary and NOT OKAY! Needless to say, I was still up ALL night, only this time I was hiding from my hallucinations. I knew they were hallucinations but it didn't make it any easier to deal with or any less scary. That was what happened the LAST time I took Ambien, about 5 years ago - when I was taking it prior, in my late teens, it gave me severe amnesia and I'd get up after going to bed and do all kinds of odd things, just ask my mom! I even played a card game of Spades, a game I've never played and don't know how to play, and I won! Ha. Not long after that the hallucinations started and I quit taking it. It was given to me one more time 5 years ago - I thought just taking it once should be okay, boy was I WRONG! Tripping balls within 30 minutes. Be very wary of this side effect (although now I hear it's more common knowledge and they even warn of this in the commercial now!)
Side effects: amnesia, hallucinations

Showing 3 of 147 patient evaluations for Zolpidem