19 patient evaluations for Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)

Mar 15, 2011 (Started Jan 01, 2000)

Can't tell (for Using the Magnet also worked some on Migrains and stress!)
    Can't tell (for epilepsy)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: My battery lasted 11 years and have just had to have it replaced but I would recommend this to anyone with partial seizures it is awesome. Since I received mine in 2000 I have been almost totally controled with very few problems. I handle all areas of my life better and it helps with migraines as well as the deppression some. I am very glad I made the original decision to do this. God is good. Life is finallly wonderful with no out of control seizures. With my new VNS I am hoping to get off of some of my meds this time.

Jul 1, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2000)

Moderate (for Using the Magnet also worked some on Migrains and stress!)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: This is an awesome treatment! My seizures were never controlled before I had this. The only reason that it is not a treatment now is that the battery has gone dead and I am awaiting a time when I can afford the replacement or the hospital and surgeons can donate the time and funds for a new model. I do not have insurance thus I cannot afford to have the new one unless the services are donated.

May 16, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2000)

Moderate (for Using the Magnet also worked some on Migrains and stress!)
    Major (for epilepsy)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: I expected the device to be a great deal more noticable as I had a very early model It only shows when in the summer I wear low cut dresses which is rare. I even went back to work the very next day. I sang in the choir at the time at church and never even had an issue there it only bothered my voice right after they changed the level that it was set at. Was even more surprised that insurance paid all!

Jun 15, 2010 (Started May 29, 2009)

None (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Severe (numbness in left side of face, suicidal, depression with anxiety, numbness in hands and arms in am, cramps in upper back)
Advice & Tips: my experience included faulty equipment from Cyberonics (VNS manufacturer) that shocked me twice SEVERELY and would not stop....DO NOT RECIEVE THIS DEVICE. I did however receive authorization for my Michigan Medical Marijuana Permit from a very frightened Neurologist who didn't know what he was signing immediately after I had been shocked =]

May 21, 2010 (Started Jul 21, 2009)

Moderate (for seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic))
Dosage: One time
Advice & Tips: Has a real pinch when you have to turn it on. I can feel it turn on sometimes and that feeling is a tight feeling in my neck. To get rid of that feeling I lift up my head and stretch it out. I've had 4 seizures with it and it has been adjusted. The electric pulse has been increased twice and the latest adjustment has been how often it turns on.

Showing 3 of 19 patient evaluations for Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)