7 patient evaluations for Morphine IR

Aug 25, 2010 (Started May 17, 2010)

Moderate (for pain)
    Moderate (for breakthrough pain)
  • Side effects

Jun 16, 2010 (Started Mar 31, 2010)

Slight (for breakthrough pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: It really is strange, but I never got too much pain relief from the immediate release of this medication. Now, on the other hand, the EXTENDED release is totally different and works like a charm. Plus, my insurance would only pain for a partial prescription of the immediate release pills, leaving me to pay for the rest. So my doctor switched me back to the Lortab 10 for break-through pain and that works so much better.
Side effects: constipation, excessive sweating, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), nausea, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence)

Mar 31, 2010 (Started Mar 31, 2010)

Moderate (for breakthrough pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), excessive sweating, constipation)
Advice & Tips: This medication works very well if you take it right at the onset of pain. If you wait for too long and let the pain get too severe, then it is so much harder to control! My doctor just increased it today because I am having a major increase in back pain. I also have swelling of the legs, which is unrelated to the MSIR, but could mean an obstuction causing further pain. I have an ultrasound next week.

Mar 25, 2010 (Started Mar 31, 2010)

Major (for breakthrough pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I take this to relieve breakthrough back pain and it is very effective. I went to a pain clinic who didn't believe in anything for breakthrough pain, and I was getting a lot of pain. They stated they had a "ceiling" limit and with the MS Contin, I had reached the limit. My primary care doctor is taking care of that now, needless to say, and since she has, my pain & quality of life have greatly improved!!

Apr 21, 2010 (Started Feb 01, 2007)

Moderate (for pain in upper back)
    Moderate (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation)
Advice & Tips: The biggest obstacle to Opioid therapy for chronic pain is the restrictions and precautions placed on the patient by the government for obtaining and storing the medication.
Side effects: constipation

Showing 3 of 7 patient evaluations for Morphine IR