2 patient evaluations for Inosine

May 25, 2015 (Started Jan 03, 2015)

Slight (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: January 3, 2015--Saturday--started taking inosine 500 mg/day------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ March, 2015--When I and my caretaker had a misunderstanding, I went for four or five days without inosine. I felt less well for two or three days and then discovered the discontinuance. Inosine was restarted and in a day I felt better. Placebo effect? Possibly, but I was not aware of the discontinuation of inosine until after feeling poorly. I see no noticeable change in progression of my ALS, but I will continue the inosine because I think it makes me feel better overall--like a tonic.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- May 25-- Memorial Day-- Stopped inosine a week ago due to running out but still feel good. Will resume once I obtain more. I think the inosine slowed my progression but its hard to tell because I was trached and food-pegged from the start and it's difficult to answer the FRS questions. I used to decline about 1.5 FRS points/month but now seem to be about 1.1/month. Also gained 10 lbs since started inosine.

Feb 8, 2015 (Started Jan 03, 2015)

Can't tell (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
  • Side effects

Jun 1, 2012 (Started Feb 24, 2012)

None (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
Dosage: 3 g Daily
Advice & Tips: I maintanied an elevated uric acid level for about 4-5 months. It seemed to have no effect on my progression.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Inosine