27 patient evaluations for Desvenlafaxine

Mar 15, 2015 (Started Mar 10, 2010)

Major (for bipolar I disorder)
    Major (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects

Apr 6, 2011 (Started Mar 10, 2010)

Major (for bipolar I disorder)
    Major (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: The efficacy for Bipolar1 is major because I am experiencing a significant decrease in the depressive episodes.(not having) Therefore, what a major wonder this anti depressant is doing so far. especially, because life circumstances kind of warrant depression..HA! and because I have had no side effects. I switched straight across from 120mg Cymbalta to the 100mg of Pristiq overnight. Last summer when starting Pristiq I attributed many side effects to the med. Maybe looking back, I was at a different place physiologically. I know we change and meds stop working or old ones do work that didn't work before. Hope you all find success..

Jun 20, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2011)

Moderate (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (decreased sex drive (libido))
Advice & Tips: For me, this med worked pretty well for my depression, but it destroyed my libido. I have been off it for about a month, and my libido still isn't the same as it was before I started taking Pristiq. Not even close. I've tried other anti-depressants, and most did have a slight negative impact on my sex drive, however Pristiq has been devastating in that area. I'm wondering if the "old me" will ever return in respect to libido.

Nov 14, 2013 (Started Oct 15, 2011)

Moderate (for major depressive disorder)

Showing 3 of 27 patient evaluations for Desvenlafaxine