3 patient evaluations for Carbidopa

Dec 15, 2015 (Started Feb 01, 2011)

Major (for nausea)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I now take two generic 25 mg lodosyn with each dose of sinemet to avoid nausea.  It works.

Dec 17, 2012 (Started Feb 01, 2011)

Moderate (for nausea)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I take Lodosyn less often than before for two reasons: 1) my insurance will no longer cover the cost of this medication and it costs me $100 out of pocket to purchase and 2) I seem to be getting nauseous less frequently these days even without the Lodosyn.

Dec 10, 2014 (Started Dec 02, 2014)

Slight (for abdominal bloating)
  • Side effects
    Severe (fatigue, dizziness)
Dosage: 25 mg Four times daily
Advice & Tips: A 90 day supply was over $100 and the side effects became intolerable. I am looking into domperidone next, which can be purchased online in Canada and seems to be a good fit for my symptoms.

Feb 9, 2010 (Started Nov 24, 2008)

Slight (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: My doctor prescribed Lodosyn every early in my diagnosis. He thought it was a good drug to help fight nausea from the other meds I needed to take. So I had been taking Lodosyn a long time...like 2 plus years. The last time I visited him was Feb 8, 2010. He was looking over the list of my meds; when he saw "Lodosyn'' on the list, he asked me if I needed it for nausea. I said, 'what nausea?". At this point I knew he was going to take me off of it. So I quit the next day. No bad effects have followed. It is now 4 weeks since I stopped taking Lodosyn.

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Carbidopa