What is Exercise?

Category: Exercises

Most popular types: Workout Fitness Center Workout Rowing machine and Elipticle Show all

false

Physical exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health. It is performed for various reasons. These include strengthening muscles and the cardiovascular system, honing athletic skills, weight loss or maintenance and for enjoyment.

Reported purpose & perceived effectiveness

Severe 2
Moderate 11
Mild 21
None 27

Commonly reported side effects and conditions associated with Exercise

Side effect Patients
Muscle aches 2
Pain in lower back 2

Show all 22 reported side effects

Dosages

Based on patients currently doing Exercise

Dosage Patients
1 other daily 1
2 daily 1
2 hr daily 1

Why patients stopped taking Exercise

Multiple reasons could be selected

Reason Patients

$25-49 4
< $25 34
Not specified 13

4 patient evaluations for Exercise

Jun 27, 2012 (Started Jan 01, 2012)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 1 hr M,W,F
Advice & Tips: My exercise program is difficult to describe, as it is always changing. Many factors convinced me to finally become more active. I was already managing my MS quite well with diet alone, but I was weak. Interested in activities that required minimal or no physical activity. After some negative news from an MRI scan, my neurologist urged me to start exercising like they had done many times before. Around Christmas of 2011 I signed up for a PE class, that was ironically mostly online, to fulfill a general in my degree. I made a decision that now was the time to change my pathetic physique. I decided I would buy and Xbox with Kinect as an interactive exercise motivation. To my surprise that worked quite well. I quickly became interested in more challenging routines and more difficult activities. once my 7 week long online pe class was over I was confident that I knew enough to start weight training and doing self lead cardiovascular activities. Last month, may 2012 I took two more pe classes that were a few weeks long. This fulfilled my final pe requirements and helped solidify the methods that are most beneficial. Today I do an average of 30 or more min of cardio each day, and lift weights every other day. I do my best to use every muscle group and not ignore anything. Of course some days I do very little, but I always strive for more intensity each new week as I am interested in progressive improvement for the next 10 years or so. a few months ago I started keeping track of all my activity in a journal like composition book. I plan to continue this until I have reached my lofty goals. My distant goals include things such as: (100 proper push-ups in under 2 min, 3000 proper jumping jacks in under 50min, 25 proper pull-ups/chin-ups in under 1 min, Running a 6minute mile)

Apr 23, 2012 (Started Sep 15, 1965)

Major (for mood)
    Major (for General health)
    Major (for Improve mobility)
  • Side effects
    Mild (muscle aches, fatigue)
Dosage: 50 min Daily
Advice & Tips: For some reason, "Exercise" is separate from "Physical Exercise". So see the latter for my evaluation.

Feb 1, 2012 (Started Jan 01, 2002)

Major (for General health)
    Major (for Treat my mood condition(s))
Dosage: 1 hr M,W,F
Advice & Tips: I choose to do a 2 mile run because it helps my mental state. Anyone who has not engaged in any exercise in recent years or after any life changing event should begin slow and build according to each of their needs. It should be fun and the challenges should be personal.

Showing 3 of 4 patient evaluations for Exercise