93 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam

Jan 28, 2011 (Started Jan 09, 2000)

Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Keppra XR worked much better than Keppra. No rage, no side effects after the first two weeks, sad to say because of insurance I will have to switch back to generic Keppra.
Side effects: rage

Jan 16, 2011 (Started Jan 09, 2000)

Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Talk to your doctor about your Keppra. XR taken once a day really helped me overcome the side effects and burden of taking pills four times a day. It's really worked well with other AED's to keep me seizure free. Always work with your doctor and be sure your doctor works with you. Working together you have a better chance at seizure control.
Side effects: rage

Dec 15, 2010 (Started Jan 09, 2000)

Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Seizure free and side effect free for 6 weeks. I kept moving forward, using a journal, and trying new meds until I found a cocktail that was right for me.
Side effects: rage

Nov 5, 2010 (Started Jan 09, 2000)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (rage)
Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Keppra XR may be causing side effect of being emotionally over sensitive. I become saddened easily.
Side effects: rage

Aug 21, 2010 (Started Jan 09, 2000)

Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Took this medication for years. Am wondering now, is it really making a difference?
Side effects: rage

Aug 10, 2010 (Started Jan 09, 2000)

Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: After my body adjusted to Keppra it was as if I finally found one of the meds my body and brain needs to manage seizures.
Side effects: rage

Apr 1, 2010 (Started Jan 09, 2000)

Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Keppra XR is one of the best treatments for me. Easy to remember to use, the only possible side effect I notice is an inability to lose weight.
Side effects: rage

Jan 3, 2012 (Started May 28, 2007)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain, rage, hair loss, awkward taste in food, sleepiness, loopy feeling)
Advice & Tips: I take Keppra because I originally started out on Dilantin which hit my liver hard the minute I started taking it. Although Keppra is VERY good at keeping the grand mals away, I have very little time that I feel energetic.

Aug 16, 2011 (Started May 28, 2007)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: While Keppra seems to do a very good job of stopping grand mals in their tracks, I still have quite frequent absence seizures, visual auras, olfactory auras (more often than visual) and serious memory issues. On top of all that, I have fits of rage out of nowhere that can last for up to several hours in which case I stay in my bedroom away from the rest of the family. Even though I have been taking Keppra for years, it STILL makes me groggy, especially if I have to take pain killers of any kind. I have also recently noticed having some problems with things tasting wrong, if not totally disgusting. Foods that I normally love taste gross. I have also lost a lot of hair since I started taking Keppra, but I have to admit it could possibly just be coincidental that I am 52 and just thinning out due to age.

Jul 26, 2011 (Started May 28, 2007)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain, rage, hair loss, awkward taste in food, sleepiness, loopy feeling)
Advice & Tips: Even though Keppra has worked much better than Dilantin or Topomax, it still makes me tired much of the day and I sometimes have rage issues that are hard to deal with. Oh, and my hair has thinned out since I started taking it, but then again I am 52 and I guess that might be due to aging. =/

Jan 13, 2010 (Started Dec 15, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I have tried almost every anti-seizure control medicene over my lifetime and the one thing I have noticed is that the time release types work best for me. I am never happy with the side-effects of any of them but Keppra so far seems to have the fewest and most mild of any of them I have experienced.

Showing 3 of 93 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam