15 patient evaluations for Hydromorphone

May 27, 2009 (Started Jul 12, 2007)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects

Nov 1, 2008 (Started Nov 01, 2008)

Major (for Statis Migrainosis)
Dosage: 4 mg One time
Advice & Tips: I only was administered dilauded solution intravenously in the emergency room two times for extreme, continuous pain from a migraine. I had two doses of it my first visit the winter of 2008 and then the migraine retuned and I ended back in emergency about a week later for another two intravenous treatments. By them my PCP doc precribed Imitrex to take at the first sign of a headache which was the first sign this kind of migraine. It is also very important for me, as with all migraines I have had, to drop everything and put on eye shades and try and go to sleep. I never ever took dilauded outside of the hospital but I am extremely grateful to the staff there who recognized the kind of sustained pain I had been in for 21 days as my PcP did not give me this kind of care and attention.

Sep 9, 2007 (Started Sep 09, 2007)

Major (for pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I was having intense, red-hot stabbing nerve pain in my neck/shoulder/face. My doc refered me to pain specialists who refered me on and on and on. You know what I mean. I had tried many meds and "med-cocktails." Those with dilauded (hydromorphone) kick were working the best for me, but I was still in agony two or three times a day. In dsperation I one day pleaded with the specialist of the month "What are we going to do Doc?" Hoping he was going to hook me up with a morpine drip, surgery or something very heavy duty. I'll never forget this but, he looked down at the floor for a long, long time. After this long contemplation he looked up with a smiile and said, "Some people have had relief with Lidacaine patches. Want to try them?" Well da-aaah sure!" I was desperate and willing to try anythng. That evening when the torture chamber showed up, on went the patch and down went some dilauded. The pain was GONE in 10 minutes. No kidding. It became the solution for me. The torture chamber events are very less frequent now, but whenever I get that twinge in my neck I go for a patch and the event never happens. What a life saver.

Showing 3 of 15 patient evaluations for Hydromorphone