31 patient evaluations for Deep Brain Stimulation

Oct 30, 2017 (Started Feb 01, 2010)

Major (for on to off fluctuations worsening)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: My DBS operation was in 2010 at the University of Cincinnati Hospital, Dr. Mandybur with the Mayfield Clinic. DBS is critical for me to live a more normal life!! When I have experienced my DBS being turned off, I can't hardly move, my face becomes a mask, I feel terrible, can't dress my self, etc. If you have had PD for 7 years, I recommend that you definitely should check if you are a candidate for the procedure!! Update: I now go to 7 hours of PD specific exercise classes including 3 hours per week at Rock Steady Boxing for conditioning, weight training and boxing. Exercise is the new medicine for Parkinson's. If you are not involved, get moving. The more we sit around the worse our symptoms will be.

Mar 31, 2016 (Started Feb 01, 2010)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Mild (for Overall) (slurred speech)
Dosage: Daily

Dec 15, 2015 (Started Feb 01, 2010)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: DBS is critical for me to live a more normal life!! When I have experienced my DBS being turned off, I can't hardly move, my face becomes a mask, I feel terrible, can't dress my self, etc.   If you have had PD for 4-5 years, I recommend that you definitely should check if you are a candidate for the procedure!!

Feb 10, 2010 (Started Feb 01, 2010)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
    None (for on to off fluctuations worsening)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: Ditto all the above. On April 3rd I need to get my rechargeable Medtronic battery changed after 8 years. The replacement is the same battery that I have had, so the same setting can be used. The rechargeable battery has been great. If I had the regular non-rechargeable battery I probably would have had 4 battery replacements during the last 8 years since I am at a fairly high electric level. I thank God that I have had DBS, it has been life giving for me!! DBS won't be effective or approved but if you have had PD for 3-8 years you should look into it.

Mar 15, 2010 (Started Apr 17, 2008)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Severe (for Overall) (mobility decreased)
Advice & Tips: DBS is the new technology that alleviates all shaking and dykinesia and allow almost full body functionality. My DBS surgery is performed improperly. The leads were too close together, placed at a bad angle 35 degrees from the "floor" and the sutures were on top of the hardware
Side effects: mobility decreased

Mar 10, 2010 (Started Apr 17, 2008)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Severe (for Overall) (mobility decreased)
Advice & Tips: Have DBS performed by a knowledgeable surgeon. It works!
Side effects: mobility decreased

Sep 14, 2008 (Started Apr 17, 2008)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Mild (for Overall) (mobility decreased)
Advice & Tips: The best solution for PDers.
Side effects: mobility decreased

Nov 10, 2010 (Started Jun 19, 2009)

Major (for Improve mobility)
    Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (for Overall) (loss of balance)
Advice & Tips: increase mobility, no tremors at alll,filing beter
Side effects: loss of balance

Apr 14, 2010 (Started Jun 19, 2009)

Major (for Improve mobility)
    Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Mild (for Overall)
Advice & Tips: every day i improve more, and i feel better and my motion is faster
Side effects: loss of balance

Feb 2, 2010 (Started Jun 19, 2009)

Major (for tremor(s))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (for Overall)
Advice & Tips: Personally it was me very easy to make the decision since i had the opportunity to know a patient that had been already operated and my only question to him was it is that he had to be operate again and he told me that If without doubting it one minute. also i had the opportunity to know a youth from another social stratum to which they operated very recently for the epilepsy to the day that we saw each other and it was one of people that more push myself to operate me. Regarding other benefits I consider that the benefit is to have recovered the initiative of finishing quick very fast anything that I start. What also produces certain frustration for what the last 10 years of my illness I cannot recover it in 6 months

Showing 3 of 31 patient evaluations for Deep Brain Stimulation