3 patient evaluations for Insulin pump

May 6, 2012 (Started Aug 07, 2010)

Major (for diabetes type 1)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), rash or skin problems)
Dosage: Daily

Sep 29, 2011 (Started Sep 01, 2009)

Major (for Administaration of Novolog)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: Eat just before or after administering.... Not 10-15 or so minutes after..... Peaks within 2 hrs.

Sep 2, 2009 (Started Sep 01, 2009)

Major (for Administaration of Novolog)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: I first started Pump therapy back in the early 1990's and continued till my pump broke a few years ago and was unable to replace it. My BG was well controlled while pumping but sporadic when I had to revert to multiple injections (sometimes 8-12 times a day).

Feb 24, 2009 (Started )

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Mild (feeling well, energetic, low blood sugar (hypoglycemia))
Advice & Tips: Keep a log of your food and insulin doses plus other factors like exercise, other meds and events. Many stresses can raise the sugars, including arguments and depression episodes. "There's no free lunch!" I wouldn't wish this on anyone. But the bottom line is: "Live with this the best way you can, and perhaps you will live a little longer!" I feel like the Auto-immune Queen, with the diabetes, MS, thyroid disfunction, depression, unemployment, I'll stop there. What do I live for? What are my options? I love my husband, and my dog, and my few friends, and my MS group. That is more than some people have so I'm not complaining.
Side effects: feeling well, energetic, low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Insulin pump