A power or electric wheelchair contains a battery, motor, and control mechanism to allow the user to propel themselves without the need for either a caregiver to push or muscle strength to move. More advanced models tilt and adjust their seats.
Advice & Tips:
When learning how to operate this piece of equipment take your time go slow. This is a wonderful . This has made getting around my yard w/o being stuck anywhere. an absolute joy, FREEDOM to travel and go shopping. And enjoy being out of the house.
1) Turns on a dime and quick if set to maximum speed
2) Will travel over any terrain and sand, that's hard to medium
3) Will transport in a Dodge Voyager van with a portable 6 foot ramp
4) I have turned my MS and Power Chair into a teaching device.
Children and Adults alike are interested in how the Permobile works
and what all it can do.
5) As for a seat to sit on I HIGHLY recommend a JAY J2 seat very
comfortable with hard memory foam and a Jel pad cushion this
works great for keeping pressure sores away.
6) Cost 15,000.00 insurance paid it all. and the best part
nothing out of pocket $ 0.00 :)
< $25 monthly
Showing 3 of 8 patient evaluations for Permobil C300