What is Avoid artificial sugars?

Category: Nutrition/Diets

false

A diet is a food plan of what a person eats. It may be modified to improve well being. A person may avoid a specific food if it affects their health negatively or if they do not like it.

Reported purpose & perceived effectiveness

• None
  • Can't tell

Side effects

Severity Evaluations

Commonly reported side effects and conditions associated with Avoid artificial sugars

Side effect Patients

Dosages

Based on patients currently using Avoid artificial sugars

Dosage Patients

Somewhat hard to take 0
A little hard to take 0
Not at all hard to take 2

1 patient evaluation for Avoid artificial sugars

Apr 20, 2011 (Started Jul 01, 1999)

Major (for diabetes type 2)
  • Side effects
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: Sounds crazy but... stopping the use of aspartame and all other artificial sweeteners has made it easier to deal with between-meal hunger. I used to be "hooked" on Coke (a-cola) and switched to diet-coke when diagnosed. I'd drink it whenever thirsty. During a period when I was working out of Utah - where caffeinated beverages are hard to come by, I stopped drinking any carbonated beverages and simply drank water. I found that I stopped getting hungry between meals - didn't have to carry nuts in the car or crave something (sweet) I later found an article that claimed recent (at that time, about 3 years ago) research found that artificial sweeteners caused the pancreas to put out insulin just as if it were real sugar - which of course caused me to get hungry. I no longer eat anything sweet - whether artificially sweetened or not (except once in a long-while as a treat after a special meal - dark chocolate mousse if I can get it) and no longer find I need to eat between meals.

Showing 1 of 1 patient evaluation for Avoid artificial sugars