4 patient evaluations for Service Dog

Jul 8, 2015 (Started Apr 20, 2009)

Major (for balance problems)
    Major (for neurological fatigue)
    Major (for Support mental / emotional health)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: Be s t thing you. can do for yourself and no problems under ADA regulations.

Mar 11, 2013 (Started Jun 22, 2012)

Slight (for seizure worry)
    Slight (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: His name is Patriot and he is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Got him when he was 8 weeks old to start the bonding process. He has helped me ID 1 seizure and has gone for help twice. His initial response when I have a seizure is play but once he realizes what's going on he stays by me and helps me wake up. I test him monthly by having a mock seizure. What I do is fall on the floor and start shaking, pretend like I'm having a seizure, and watch him respond. What he does is bite my fingers and ankles, as if I were playing, to see if I respond which I don't then he lays on my hand and when I pretend to wake up he licks my face. I paid the breeder $500 for him and he is personally trained but still young enough to receive additional professional training. He's been to the zoo, 4 star restaurants, multiple fast-food joints, and church. He does well but he has more to learn.

Sep 1, 2011 (Started Aug 13, 2010)

Moderate (for Support social interaction)
    Major (for Personal enjoyment / entertainment)
    Major (for Support quality of life)
    Moderate (for Improve communication)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: We originally got our dog to train him to be a therapy dog. While he did go through some canine good citizen classes, we have essentially discontinued his training. We were dealing with a lot of stress, and we weren't able to keep up with the training necessary to earn public access or anything like that. The good news is that the dog has very much become a member of the family and plays with my son all the time. They are good buddies. I'm not considering him a "Service Dog" on the profile anymore. But he's still our dog and a great friend for my son.

Showing 3 of 4 patient evaluations for Service Dog