15 patient evaluations for Acyclovir

Sep 27, 2013 (Started Aug 22, 2013)

Slight (for herpes outbreak)
    Can't tell (for eczema herpeticum)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Difficult to tell if this was effective since we don't know what the diagnosis is.

Sep 13, 2013 (Started Aug 22, 2013)

Can't tell (for herpes outbreak)
    Can't tell (for eczema herpeticum)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Changed mind about taking this as the condition is not responding to this or Augmentin.

Sep 5, 2013 (Started Aug 22, 2013)

Major (for herpes outbreak)
    Major (for eczema herpeticum)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: This anti-viral was very effective at beating my initial bout of eczema herpeticum but the frequency of doses is difficult to achieve. If you wake up late and don't start the first dose until 9am, the last dose is not until 1am. When you are tired and ill you don't stay up until 1am! I managed to achieve the doses by compressing the schedule to every 3-3.5 hours on the advice of my doctor, but a couple of days went by with only four doses and I felt that this slowed down my recovery. I'm now on Valtrex as it has a better schedule, but so far (72 hours in) it is not as effective as Acyclovir

Sep 17, 2012 (Started Sep 04, 2012)

Major (for shingles (herpes zoster))
  • Side effects
    Mild (diarrhea)
Advice & Tips: I had to take this medication 5 times a day, four 200 mgs caps. It was alittle hard to fit it into all my other medicine doses. I had to make out a schedule & the hours so I could check them off as I took them. But it did help with the pain & it dried out the blisters. It was hard at first to take it, but as time went on, it became alot easier, knowing that it was helping me.

Sep 7, 2012 (Started Sep 04, 2012)

Major (for shingles (herpes zoster))
  • Side effects
    Mild (diarrhea)
Advice & Tips: I have to take this med 5 times a day. 4-200 mg capsules. It has helped with the pain & burning. And the areas appear to be drying out. I just have to remember to take it as scheduled, I have to write it down, & check it off as I take it.

Apr 17, 2011 (Started Apr 07, 2011)

Moderate (for shingles (herpes zoster))

Showing 3 of 15 patient evaluations for Acyclovir