39 patient evaluations for Non-invasive Ventilator

Mar 20, 2017 (Started Sep 15, 2016)

Moderate (for sleep apnea disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (difficulty staying asleep, dry mouth)
Dosage: 5 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: I've had a hard time getting used to this machine. I wake up more often than before starting the bi-pap. The recommended settings were too much for me to get use to. Lowering them makes it easier for me, but I am having too many apnea episodes, avg 20+/hr down from 48.8/hr. I've yet to see the benefit from this treatment.

Feb 28, 2017 (Started Mar 11, 2014)

Major (for breathing difficulty)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dry mouth)
Dosage: 10 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: I have a bi-pap in my office and my bedroom. Also a portable battery powered one. I have elected not to have a tracheotomy, so as my breathing becomes more difficult I am using a bi-pap more. Currently about 20 hours a day.

Jan 28, 2017 (Started Mar 11, 2014)

Major (for breathing difficulty)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dry mouth)
Dosage: 20 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: Using it almost continuously, can only take it off for bath and moving from one room to another.

Nov 10, 2016 (Started Mar 11, 2014)

Dosage: 20 hr Daily

Aug 31, 2016 (Started Jan 02, 2014)

Major (for shortness of breath with little or minimal activity (ie standing))
    Major (for General health)
  • Side effects
    Mild (difficult to move or walk)
Dosage: 10 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: Of I'm going out I try to stay on the bipap as long as possible on previous days to store up energy.  Free on NHS

May 27, 2016 (Started Jan 02, 2014)

Major (for shortness of breath with little or minimal activity (ie standing))
    Major (for General health)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (difficult to move or walk)
Dosage: 10 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: I now use for 20 hours.mits certainly rough but it is worth the effort in terms of energy

Mar 22, 2013 (Started Jan 02, 2014)

Moderate (for General health)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I'm new to this device. I've had it for a year but I've only just started to use it on a regular basis. I try to put 3 to 4 hours into each day. I do this because at times I feel a slight breathlessness and also because my voice appears weak. It also appears to raise my energy levels.

Showing 3 of 39 patient evaluations for Non-invasive Ventilator