14 patient evaluations for Dialectical Behavioral Therapy

Apr 30, 2018 (Started Oct 15, 2016)

Slight (for self medicating)
Dosage: 120 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: I've been in DBT for 1 1/2 years now. I'm almost finished. I just can't remember my skills when I need them. I highly recommend the class for anyone with BPD. It teaches you how to bring your emotions down to a fairly manageable level and helps you to get a life worth living.

Jan 12, 2017 (Started Oct 15, 2016)

Dosage: 120 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: If you want to make your life worth living and are serious about changing your life, this is the place to do it. The staff are very caring individuals.

Feb 6, 2017 (Started Sep 15, 2013)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: This treatment requires a lot of work from the service user/patient but is effective.

Jan 17, 2017 (Started Oct 31, 2012)

Major (for outburst of anger)
    Moderate (for major depressive disorder)
    Major (for borderline personality disorder)
Dosage: 90 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: This was my second time in a DBT Skills group. This group was run exactly how the treatment is supposed to be run: with diary cards, coaching, homework, and a certified DBT counselor (unlike my last group). I was in this group for 2 and a half years, and I can't believe how much I have changed and all that I have gotten out of the group. I feel the most important aspect is to stay persistent in attending the groups and attempting to do the homework and skills, even when it felt impossible or if it had to be done 5 minutes before the start of group. I didn't realize was in it, but my bad habits such as my anger, self-injury, binge drinking and self-criticism have decreased significantly. I don't feel as destructive and am not able to not react as if everything was a catastrophe. I just feel more in control of my life. It was very important to be surrounded by other women/(occasional men) in the group who were struggling with the same issues, and with similar family backgrounds which we could all relate. I felt less alone/crazy being there. I am still continuing with my weekly therapist with my DBT therapist, but I am doing a lot better and do not experience as much suffering as I used to. I am not cured of Borderline Personality Disorder or depression, but I feel more able to cope. I feel more confident in having relationships now and being able to deal with interpersonal problems and asking for things. I am still struggling with existential depression, and mood swings but a lot less than what I remember. I still am working on the skills with my therapist and incorporating in my life. Also, the new edition of DBT is a lot better, so I got to go through the old modules and the new one. I would recommend to anyone who has tried or is looking to try DBT to find an"official" group that is more than a couple months long, and it with a therapist who is specialized in DBT and follows the treatment by the books. You need a lot of time to establish the skills or they aren't going to stick. Overall, being in the group has made a major impact on my quality of life. I will miss the support!

Jan 16, 2013 (Started Oct 31, 2012)

Dosage: 90 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: Solidified and created an accountability for DBT skills. I like the group therapy atmosphere. I had a hard time keeping up with the diary cards, but I think this treatment helped me the most realize that I need to meditation everyday

Showing 3 of 14 patient evaluations for Dialectical Behavioral Therapy