28 patient evaluations for Hydroxyzine

Nov 3, 2018 (Started Jan 01, 2009)

Slight (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: I started back up on the Visteril in October 2018. I need something for my nerves. I started snapping at everyone. We started back up on the 100mg capsules but they were too strong. We cut me down to 50mg and that seems to be a better dose. I don't know why Dr. O and I didn't do that last time I was taking the Visteril.

Jun 24, 2012 (Started Jan 01, 2009)

Slight (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: I have to decide when I can take it as it makes me very tired. I cannot drive after taking the Visteril.

Jul 1, 2011 (Started Jan 01, 2009)

Slight (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Severe (drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: I finally had to stop taking the Vistaril as the tiredness just wouldn't go away and I hated being even more tired than I already was. I was really dragging and I addressed this to my psychiatrist. Dr. O and I talked about my anxiety over the course of some visits and he pointed out some triggers that I could avoid and we agreed that I could stop taking it. Any other medication would react too negatively with my other meds so I decided that I would handle my anxiety by taking a few big, deep breaths when I felt real stressed and this would help calm me better than any pill could.

Apr 11, 2018 (Started Jun 30, 2016)

Major (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: when I know I will be entering a stressful or knowingly PTSD triggering situation I premedicate, otherwise, I use it when I feel the beginnings of an anxiety attack or panic attack. Usually, it prevents an anxiety attack if used prior, or decreases the anxiety/panic attack if used after

Mar 8, 2018 (Started Nov 07, 2017)

Slight (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Severe (daytime sleepiness)
Dosage: 50 mg Four times daily