5 patient evaluations for Oxygen Concentrator

Sep 30, 2018 (Started Apr 14, 2018)

Major (for shortness of breath (dyspnea))
    Major (for low oxygen saturation while sleeping)
Dosage: 2 other Daily

Oct 28, 2011 (Started Aug 11, 2011)

Major (for fainting)
Dosage: 3 other Daily
Advice & Tips: I use the electric concentrator at home, I also have three large tanks for home use (if the power is out) and I have two sizes of smaller oxygen tanks for when I'm outside or on a short trip (like shopping or a meeting).

Jun 30, 2011 (Started May 02, 2011)

None (for hepatopulmonary syndrome)
Dosage: 2 L Daily
Advice & Tips: I was prescribed the oxygen at night to create less stress on my heart and lungs, not necessarily to treat the hepato-pulmonary syndrome. I was advised by my doctor that there would be no noticable improvement in my breathing or respiratory function. 98% of the time, I would wake up to find that i had removed the oxygen at some point in the night and the cannula was either on the floor or wrapped around me somehow. I also found the air to be quite dry and mess with my sinuses (I'm already susceptible to infections and bloody noses, don't really need any more help with that thanks!). I decided that it wasn't worth the effort or money, nor the slight "downer" it was mentally to put that on every night as a 38 year old, but I'm a little stubborn that way. The concentrator may make it back into our house at some point.

Showing 3 of 5 patient evaluations for Oxygen Concentrator