What is Sodium chlorite?

Category: Nutrition/Diets

false

Sodium chlorite, a precursor to chlorine dioxide, is a chemical compound used for water disinfection and purification.

Reported purpose & perceived effectiveness

• Slight
  • None
  • Can't tell

Side effects

side_effects of Sodium chlorite"

Dosages

Most common dosages (by patients currently using Sodium chlorite)
Dosage Patients
92 mg daily 1
250 mL daily 1
500 mL daily 1
780 mL daily 1
Why Patients Stopped Using Sodium chlorite (multiple reasons could be selected)
Reason Patients

Chest: mild
Legs: moderate
I am: vg

See HappyPhysicist's full Sodium chlorite history

Dec 1, 2012 (Started Jan 05, 2012)

Dosage: 200 mg Weekly
Advice & Tips: Performed self injection of sodium chlorite after end of NP001 trial but no longer seemed to be working.

Jun 19, 2012 (Started Jan 05, 2012)

Dosage: 200 mg Weekly
Advice & Tips: On Monday June 18 I self administered my weekly infusion of 4 ml = 200 mg of sodium chlorite. About one hour later I went for my daily 1/2 hour swim. For the first time since starting this swimming program about 3 weeks ago I didn't feel like I was on the verge of drowning, i.e., just barely able to keep my head above water. Also, my breathing felt more 'productive'. Previously I would swim one lap and rest at the end breathing very hard, but it felt as if I couldn't get enough air into my lungs and I would breath hard for along time. This time it felt normal where I would breath hard for only a short time.

May 1, 2012 (Started Jan 05, 2012)

• Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: May 30 infusion. No improvements.

Apr 20, 2012 (Started Jan 05, 2012)

Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: Performed an infusion Friday April 20. Unlike the previous infusion I did not experience an improvement in swallowing.

Apr 14, 2012 (Started Jan 05, 2012)

• Perceived effectiveness for ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis): Major
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: I have now given myself two rounds of IV infusions of off the shelf sodium chlorite. I was ready to give up on sodium chlorite because its effect has been diminishing since the tail end of the NP001 study. However, was pleasantly surprised this time. Lately I have been drinking seltzer water rather than tap water because I find it much easier to swallow. In fact, I have not been able to swallow plain water for over a month now. Last night I grabbed my glass of water and was drinking it while watching my son on the swing. While I usually focus like a laser on the task of drinking I wasn't paying attention, rather I was focused on my son. After a few sips of water I realized that the water had gone flat and I was still able to drink it. Also I could drink it without doing the chin tuck, which has also been necessary for the last couple of months. The difference is small but unquestionably real. I am approaching my one year 'chlorite' anniversary. I had my first infusion in June of 2011. This is very encouraging and tells me that chlorite is still having some effect.

faeroe347
Chest: moderate
Legs: severe
I am: g

See faeroe347's full Sodium chlorite history

Mar 10, 2012 (Started Dec 14, 2011)

Dosage: 467 mL Daily

Dec 21, 2011 (Started Dec 14, 2011)

Dosage: 467 mL Daily
Advice & Tips: I've finished my first 8 days of oral sodium chlorite: 8 days on, 14 days off. • 0.75 mg/kg. @ 82 kgs. bodyweight. • 467 ml. each day in 2 or 3 servings, by glass w/straw. • No antioxidant supplements during “ON” cycle. Resumed those supplements during the “OFF” cycle. • Continued to take B12 (methylcobalamin) 1.5 mg, and 2 probiotic capsules daily during this On cycle. Also, "Dabigatran" for edema (swollen feet), and Milk of Magnesia laxative tablets. It's been like a yo-yo. Sometimes I really had to nap, other times I had great energy. Three mild headaches in total, with no diarrhea or nausea at all. My usual soft stool became harder and less plentiful. Bowel movements required more effort, but no constipation. No particular “recovered functions”, but no real discomfort either. Overall, in a very subtle way, I feel good! OFF cycle (2 weeks, Dec. 22~Jan. 5) Possible increase in overall fasciculations. Daily energy leveled off, back to my usual low. I'll continue taking this treatment because the benefits might increase with each successive cycle.

jennikb
Chest: mild
Legs: severe
I am: b
ALS

See jennikb's full Sodium chlorite history

Feb 6, 2012 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

• Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: Not sure if I am going to continue the treatment as it seems as if I loosing muscle faster as a result. Looking forward I will be looking at bacteria as the source of my issue and treating my blood with UV lighting to kill the bacteria.

Feb 2, 2012 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

• Burden: Very
Advice & Tips: This is our first time taking SC at night. In addition to .75mg/kg of SC plus kosher salt, we added .3ml of lemon juice. Hope this makes a difference. To date we have seen no gains from this. We will do our best to see if we have seen an loss of functionality; perhaps we have not lost anything since starting treatment in December.

Jan 17, 2012 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

• Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: Completed five days of taking SC. Yawning may have gone down, but not sure of other benefits.

Jan 16, 2012 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

• Burden: Somewhat
Advice & Tips: Completed fifth day and final day and noticed that I am not yawning as much. Perhaps able to breath better but not sure. I am certain this started after my first day of taking Sodium Chlorite of this round. I am only going five days on and 16 days off, so this is my last day.

Jan 12, 2012 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

• Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: We started up today our SC treatment. This time we are reducing the dose back to .75mL/kg with no lemon juice added. The pH for the solution is just at or a little above 7.0. Excess saliva appears to be the initial side effect, no nausea as reported the last round.

Dec 28, 2011 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

• Side Effects: Moderate
  • Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: I am going to stop treatment after five rounds. The side effects coupled with the pain in my body out of not taking my antioxidants is too much. I think I may have had to high of a dose at 59mg (1.25mg/kg). In 16 days I will resume at 35mg (.75mg/kg). Certainly if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Dec 27, 2011 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

• Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: To this point, day 5 of treatment, osc is looked upon as a "have to" then a "want to". I am tired of being nauseas and not eating for an extended period of time. I miss my healthy chocolate which is high in antioxidant, which is why I am avoiding it.

Dec 23, 2011 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

• Side Effects: Moderate
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: For this round we added both a dash of kosher salt and .3ml of lemon juice. Based on our pH paper we can tell the acidity is at 6.5. Took in the morning and fell right back to sleep.

Dec 15, 2011 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Will begin treatment at a higher concentration and add a pinch of salt in 16 days. For third round will add lemon juice.

Dec 14, 2011 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: I am completing my first round today of OSC. At this time, I experienced mild side effects. I did a high dose concentration in what amounted to a little less than shot glass of solution. I will be increasing the amount of SC in the next batch.

Dec 13, 2011 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

• Burden: Not at all

Dec 8, 2011 (Started Dec 08, 2011)

Showing 3 of 8 patient evaluations for Sodium chlorite