Reported purpose & perceived effectiveness

Severe 22
Moderate 31
Mild 24
None 70

Commonly reported side effects and conditions associated with Stem Cell Transplant

Side effect Patients

$50-99 1
$25-49 1
< $25 23
Not specified 76

What people switch to and from

Patients started having Stem Cell Transplant after stopping:

Treatment Patients
Glatiramer acetate (Copaxone) 1
Mitoxantrone (Novantrone) 1

11 patient evaluations for Stem Cell Transplant

Jan 4, 2018 (Started Feb 20, 2017)

Can't tell (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (headaches)
Advice & Tips: I received 3 rounds but don't think it was effective. It was a very expensive procedure and required additional travel expenses, which had become increasingly difficult for my condition.

Aug 6, 2017 (Started Feb 20, 2017)

Can't tell (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
Dosage: Every 3 months
Advice & Tips: I live in the U.S. but go to Israel for this. It's a long and expensive trip. I cannot tell whether I have seen any improvement from it, but I also have not had any side effect. The headache was temporary and was gone by the 3rd day. So far I have received two treatments and plan to get one more.

Dec 5, 2013 (Started Dec 02, 2013)

Can't tell (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: Daily

Feb 11, 2013 (Started Jan 28, 2013)

None (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: It is time for my second week update. i had the Precision Stem stem cell transplant two weeks ago. I am afraid all my gains have disappeared already. I again require a cane to maintain balance and I am using a pillow on the couch to sit on so that I have a higher starting height when I get out of the seated position. Now that the improvements are gone I am even more sure that I did indeed have a temporary increase in strength in my legs. But with such a short period it is really hard to say if it was in fact due to the transplant. So now the question is will the procedure lead to any kind of stabilization. In my case this should be relatively easy to determine. To date except for the period I was on NP001 my FRS curve has almost perfectly followed the average progression 'shape' as you can see on PLM.

Feb 4, 2013 (Started Jan 28, 2013)

Major (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: 1 week post procedure evaluation: Objective Observations: Before procedure was 100% dependent on cane, after procedure I do not need to use the cane. Before procedure could not climb stairs without cane. After procedure I am able to climb stair without cane. Before procedure had difficulty raising myself from a seated position on my couch. Required the use of two cushions which add about 5 inches of height to the seat in order to get in and out of seated position. After procedure no longer need cushions. I have minimal trouble getting in and out of seated position. Subjective Observations: Legs feel significantly stronger, I still only have a small fraction of my original strength but I am walking much better and don't need a cane anymore. I still take it if I go outside (which is rare) just to be safe. I am able to turn myself better in bed. However, I am in a different bed because we are renovating our master bathroom for accessibility. My grip strength seems to be a little better. It seems easier to put my socks on. All improvements have been gradual over the course of the week. For instance a couple days after the procedure I kept forgetting to grab my cane, then a couple days after that I just stopped using it altogether. Every night it just seems a little easier to turn in bed, and to get out of be.

Showing 3 of 11 patient evaluations for Stem Cell Transplant