What is Brain tumor removal / resection?

Category: Surgeries

false

Brain tumors may be treated surgically to remove as much of the tumor growth as possible. The size and location of the brain tumor is an important determinant in the surgical procedure performed.

Reported purpose & perceived effectiveness

Severe 1
Moderate 1
Mild 4
None 3

Commonly reported side effects and conditions associated with Brain tumor removal / resection

Side effect Patients

$25-49 0
< $25 2
Not specified 7

1 patient evaluation for Brain tumor removal / resection

Nov 4, 2014 (Started Nov 04, 2014)

Major (for glioblastoma)
  • Side effects
    Mild (pain)
Dosage: One time
Advice & Tips: A month on from surgery, and I'm so happy with the result. Entirely untroubled by any form of seizure, the 'Mild Cognitive Impairment' was melting away and I feel ready to actually get back into the 'day job' (video editing) though I'm not actually going to did that yet. The very short term memory thing (what appears to be an intense form of 'Midde Age Memory Lapse) was still present, but I'm learning a lot of tips and tricks with meticulous note taking, list making and thorough planning. I find that anything new that needs to be remembered needs a 'tickle' two to three minutes later, otherwise it's forgotten. Not just facts, I'll forget to tell my wife that I'm off somewhere if I suddenly realise I need to leave 'now'. I can also be stumped for 'the mot juste', the perfect word, or even my own mobile number (which I've had for 15 years), but I get there in the end. Nobody has noticed any speech impairment - but I have. I know I've lost enough to put an end to my voice over work (I used to did voice overs for pharmaceutical marketing material). Maybe. We'll see. Maybe I just need to practice? Brain plasticity? The scar's healed very well and very quickly. I had some odd sensations a bit like 'Space Candy' - a sort of occasional popping sensation/sound in the head around the scar area. This was fluid settling itself, nothing to be worried about, and stopped within a week or two. Very little pain to speak of. Nothing that the occasional paracetamol or two can't squash. In the first couple of weeks, Codeine was needed at night, but I have moved on since then (and the bowels were happy about that).

Showing 1 of 1 patient evaluation for Brain tumor removal / resection