What is CCSVI Angioplasty?

Category: Procedures

true

Generic name: CCSVI Chronic Cerebro-Spinal Venous Insufficiency Therapy

CCSVI angioplasty involves threading wires through the veins that drain blood from the brain in patients with Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI). When a narrowing is found, a balloon is inserted and inflated. The pressure of the balloon usually opens the narrowed vein.

Reported purpose & perceived effectiveness

$25-49 0
< $25 1
Not specified 3

2 patient evaluations for CCSVI Angioplasty

Jul 23, 2011 (Started Aug 13, 2010)

Major (for help ms symptoms)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: This treatment totally eliminated cogfog and fatigue. My bladder function is dramatically improved, but not 100%. My spasticity is better. If my legs would work, I would be unstoppable, I don't 'feel' like I have ms anymore---my head feels normal. I can see improvements with physical therapy and expect to do better in the future. I was treated twice, the first time was not very thorough and missed major valvular blockages, so I went for a second round in NYC which cost $10,000 and was worth every penny.

Jun 25, 2010 (Started Jun 25, 2010)

Major (for multiple sclerosis)
    Major (for chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency)
  • Side effects
Dosage: One time
Advice & Tips: Anyone who suffers from MS should look into this. Venous insufficeincy is not good for anyone. Contrary to what the MS society is saying, you owe it to yourself to find out if CCSVI affects you. When I first heard of this I was thinking, "OH no, another snake oil treatment". However, the more I researched and saw the benefits so many were experiencing, I took it upon myself to attempt getting a diagnosis and possible treatment. The MS society blocked my path every way they could, but through diligence and perseverance, and a lot of help from friends and family, I was finally able to satisfy my curiosity. Turns out I had severe stenosis in my left jugular, and several areas of stenosis in my azygos veins. I was lucky to find an interventional radiologist willing to help. After the procedure I felt good for the first time in years. I mean good. It is my belief that the MS society's and Pharmaceutical company's have a financially vested interest in keeping us sick and this treatment unavailable. Don't listen to them. Do your own research, find out if this is something you wish to pursue, and start asking for help.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for CCSVI Angioplasty