What is Peripheral Nerve Stimulator Implant?

Category: Procedures

false

Peripheral Nerve Stimulation is a technique for managing chronic and intractable pain. New techniques include the implantation of stimulation devices.

Side effects

Severity Evaluations
Severe 1
Moderate 0
Mild 0
None 0

Commonly reported side effects and conditions associated with Peripheral Nerve Stimulator Implant

Side effect Patients

Somewhat hard to take 0
A little hard to take 1
Not at all hard to take 0

1 patient evaluation for Peripheral Nerve Stimulator Implant

Dec 8, 2010 (Started Dec 08, 2010)

Moderate (for chronic pain syndrome)
  • Side effects
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: Please do all the research you can before getting this implant. Talk with other patients that have gotten it. Ask plenty of questions. And the #1 tip I could give is don't make the decision to get this implant out of desperation to get away from the pain. If you are questioning your decision and you aren't 100% sure that this implant is for you-DO NOT get it! Do more research. Have ALL your questions answered before you go through with it. I have more problems now than I did before I got the implant. I have numerous side effects that can't be explained. I've been told that it's just a coincidence that I didn't have them before I got the implant. I've lost a lot of sleep bc the muscle spasms in my legs are so bad. My sciatica is worse. The sciatica feels like a firey, red hot poker being put on my right buttock. The muscle over the implant gets so tight and knots up causing severe burning pain.

Showing 1 of 1 patient evaluation for Peripheral Nerve Stimulator Implant