53 patient evaluations for Cannabis

407 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Mar 7, 2013 (Started Jul 07, 2006)

Side effects: loopy feeling

Dec 20, 2008 (Started Jul 07, 2006)

Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: unless it is an expensive 'designer strain' then it really doesn't do much for pain relief, only euphoria
Side effects: loopy feeling

Aug 25, 2008 (Started Jul 07, 2006)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (loopy feeling)
Advice & Tips: Acquire it from a reliable, professional source
Side effects: loopy feeling

Nov 3, 2012 (Started Oct 01, 2012)

Major (for insomnia)
Dosage: 14 g Daily

Jun 15, 2012 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

None (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for pain)
    Slight (for sleep problems)
    None (for stiffness/spasticity)
    None (for joint pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (Keeps me awake sometimes, restlessness at night, anxiety and frustration, paranoid thinking)
Advice & Tips: The chocolate cookies from the dispensary worked the best and I only needed a tiny amount so the cookie last for a couple of weeks. Also I could carry it on the plane with me when I went on vacation. One other positive side effect was ONE night I had a wonderful time with an old friend I hadn't seen in a while and a friend she brought along. The came to my house and her friend wasn't sure he wanted to come in as he doesn't really like to socialize. I said I'm cool with him coming in and if he doesn't feel welcome or just doesn't feel right they can leave right away and I won't think the less of them nor will my feelings be hurt. He came and and they stayed until the wee hours on the morning listening to Billie Holliday and talking and laughing and coming up with fun plans to write a book or a play or a radio show. It was a really fun night and so unusual for me. There were times I got a bit paranoid and anxious and spacey but I was able to re-anchor myself and shake myself out of those uncomfortable states.

Apr 27, 2012 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

Moderate (for pain)
    Slight (for sleep problems)
    Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Slight (for joint pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Keeps me awake sometimes, restlessness at night, anxiety and frustration, paranoid thinking)
Advice & Tips: I stopped taking cannabis because it seemed to stop working. But in desperation I have been taking it again for a couple of days and it has helped with less pain at night and some help with spasticity and stiffness. I have decided to just use it once in a while as part of some of the things I can turn to if I'm having a harder time than usual. I also need to go back to the "Wellness Center" and talk to them about other kinds I could try.

Feb 25, 2012 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

Moderate (for pain)
    Moderate (for sleep problems)
    Slight (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Moderate (for joint pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Keeps me awake sometimes, restlessness at night, anxiety and frustration, paranoid thinking)
Dosage: 1 other Daily
Advice & Tips: Talk to weed wellness center people about your symptoms and how sensitive you might already know you are to stronger strains and their effects. Keep track of what you take, how much you take, and what effects it has the first time, the second time and so on. I found that over time the effects changed and mostly not for the better. I used a water pipe to reduce the heat in my throat. I even used ice water to cool it. One of the best kinds I found initially that helped me sleep and reduce pain I soon discovered made me depressed and I had to stop. I was only smoking a small amount before bed. I asked my 24 year old son to help me choose a bong in the head shopkkkkk

Dec 30, 2011 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

Major (for pain)
    Major (for sleep problems)
    Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
Dosage: 1 other Daily
Advice & Tips: Took cannabis years ago for migraine pain and nausea. I take other medications to help if I get a migraine now. Recently I had a relapse with Fibromyalgia and nothing was working to alleviate the pain, stiffness, and the effect they were having on my sleep. I have found one strain so far that I take at night that is very good for exactly what I need for and it doesn't mess with my head.

Feb 17, 2012 (Started Oct 26, 2010)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (intoxicated feeling)
Advice & Tips: Cannabis helps for my worst pain. The drawbacks are that I can't drive or be the "responsible adult" in the house when I take it (or at least, I won't!) so I'm usually limited to using it late at night. But when the pain is so bad it makes me cry and keeps me awake, it calms it down some and lets me sleep.

Dec 28, 2011 (Started Jul 01, 1990)

Major (for anxious mood)
    Major (for nausea)
    Moderate (for insomnia)
Dosage: 20 INH Daily

Dec 13, 2011 (Started Sep 09, 2007)

Major (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    Moderate (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (sexual arousal)
Dosage: 4 g Weekly
Advice & Tips: Kinda non-traditional I know, but when the doctor suggested this for panic attacks? How could I say no. It really has helped though, and luckily, taking a "smoke break" is an acceptable activity in this society to calm down, why can't crying be too lol.

Jun 7, 2011 (Started Nov 15, 2010)

Major (for sleeplessness)
  • Side effects

Apr 25, 2011 (Started Sep 01, 2007)

Dosage: 0.5 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Work with a provider who understands proper use of cannabis and how it may be prepared in a number of forms; monitor your results carefully, don't rely on popular notions. Inform / educate your physician[s].

Apr 7, 2011 (Started Mar 03, 2009)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: great against stiffness/spaticity. Help your appetite and your mood.

Mar 8, 2011 (Started Feb 05, 2010)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (cognitive impairment)
Dosage: 2 g Weekly
Advice & Tips: Cannabis has many use, and therefore it is difficult to list everything it is used for.
Side effects: cognitive impairment

Showing 10 of 53 patient evaluations for Cannabis