3 patient evaluations for Morphine taken for the purpose of 'pain in lower back'

8 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Aug 10, 2011 (Started Aug 01, 2009)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Moderate (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, frequent vertigo with nausea, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), nausea)
Advice & Tips: I am reducing down to 160mg/day. I don't think it's working so far! I'm taking more of the breakthrough stuff!
Side effects: constipation, nausea, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), frequent vertigo with nausea

Sep 20, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 2009)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Slight (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Major (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: My pain kept escalating, so my doctor took me off my 90 mg of MS ER and switched it to 100mg twice daily with much improvement. I take Phenergan for nausea, so I don't even have a problem with that! I take Lortab 10/325 for break through pain.

Apr 29, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 2009)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Because I can't have lower back surgery yet due to my weight and I need to lose more, my doctor raised my dose of MS ER to 90mg twice a day. This has been effective. I have had mild side effects such as nausea & sleepiness, but they are tolerable.

Mar 25, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 2009)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Slight (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Major (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, frequent vertigo with nausea, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
Advice & Tips: I was started on Morphine about three months ago when I stopped responding to hydrocodone/apap. I was taking more and more of the hydrocodone, with ibuprofen and aspirin and it just didn't ever seem to work. I take it for the three slipped discs in my back that send shooting & radiating pain down both my legs. It is unbearable at times, so the MS has definitely worked wonders for me in terms of I can get up and about without that severe pain.

Feb 15, 2011 (Started Mar 01, 2010)

Slight (for pain in lower back)
    Slight (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects

Apr 21, 2010 (Started Feb 01, 2007)

Moderate (for pain in upper back)
    Moderate (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation)
Advice & Tips: The biggest obstacle to Opioid therapy for chronic pain is the restrictions and precautions placed on the patient by the government for obtaining and storing the medication.
Side effects: constipation

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Morphine