10 patient evaluations for Cannabis taken for the purpose of 'stiffness/spasticity'

113 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Mar 9, 2018 (Started Jul 01, 2017)

Major (for difficulty staying asleep)
    Moderate (for walking problems)
    Major (for anxious mood)
    Major (for anger)
Dosage: 750 mg Twice daily
Advice & Tips: I have been taking hempworx CBD oil for a awhile now. Love it. I take about 8 drops in the morning and 8 more before I go to bed. I have so much more energy which makes my walking better and stay asleep at night . (never did that before). Incase you want to check it out. WWW>hempworx.com/Mbrush1 Great stuff!! Good for MS and so many other problems.

Jan 24, 2017 (Started Oct 15, 2016)

Moderate (for unrefreshing or poor sleep)
    Moderate (for pain)
    Moderate (for anxious mood)
Dosage: 3 INH Five times daily
Advice & Tips: Never use more than prescribed and you will find it consistently effective. I have an appetite again, not a huge one, but I'must eating every day now. Having preteens makes me aware of the importance of stressing the difference between recreational and medical use. My kids know I have a prescription, and think of it as medication.

Apr 5, 2016 (Started Jan 01, 1992)

Dosage:

Dec 13, 2015 (Started Jan 01, 1992)

Dosage:

Dec 30, 2009 (Started Jan 01, 1992)

Dosage:

May 30, 2015 (Started May 20, 2007)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Mild (clumsiness, dry mouth)
Side effects: dry mouth, clumsiness

Dec 20, 2008 (Started May 20, 2007)

None (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Mild (clumsiness, dry mouth)
Advice & Tips: It is a very effective mood enhancer and sleep aid
Side effects: dry mouth, clumsiness

Jun 15, 2012 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

None (for joint pain)
    None (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Slight (for sleep problems)
    Slight (for pain)
    None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (paranoid thinking, anxiety and frustration, restlessness at night, Keeps me awake sometimes)
Advice & Tips: The chocolate cookies from the dispensary worked the best and I only needed a tiny amount so the cookie last for a couple of weeks. Also I could carry it on the plane with me when I went on vacation. One other positive side effect was ONE night I had a wonderful time with an old friend I hadn't seen in a while and a friend she brought along. The came to my house and her friend wasn't sure he wanted to come in as he doesn't really like to socialize. I said I'm cool with him coming in and if he doesn't feel welcome or just doesn't feel right they can leave right away and I won't think the less of them nor will my feelings be hurt. He came and and they stayed until the wee hours on the morning listening to Billie Holliday and talking and laughing and coming up with fun plans to write a book or a play or a radio show. It was a really fun night and so unusual for me. There were times I got a bit paranoid and anxious and spacey but I was able to re-anchor myself and shake myself out of those uncomfortable states.

Apr 27, 2012 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

Moderate (for pain)
    Slight (for sleep problems)
    Slight (for joint pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (paranoid thinking, anxiety and frustration, restlessness at night, Keeps me awake sometimes)
Advice & Tips: I stopped taking cannabis because it seemed to stop working. But in desperation I have been taking it again for a couple of days and it has helped with less pain at night and some help with spasticity and stiffness. I have decided to just use it once in a while as part of some of the things I can turn to if I'm having a harder time than usual. I also need to go back to the "Wellness Center" and talk to them about other kinds I could try.

Feb 25, 2012 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

Moderate (for pain)
    Moderate (for sleep problems)
    Slight (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Moderate (for joint pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (paranoid thinking, anxiety and frustration, restlessness at night, Keeps me awake sometimes)
Dosage: 1 other Daily
Advice & Tips: Talk to weed wellness center people about your symptoms and how sensitive you might already know you are to stronger strains and their effects. Keep track of what you take, how much you take, and what effects it has the first time, the second time and so on. I found that over time the effects changed and mostly not for the better. I used a water pipe to reduce the heat in my throat. I even used ice water to cool it. One of the best kinds I found initially that helped me sleep and reduce pain I soon discovered made me depressed and I had to stop. I was only smoking a small amount before bed. I asked my 24 year old son to help me choose a bong in the head shopkkkkk

Dec 30, 2011 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

Major (for pain)
    Major (for sleep problems)
Dosage: 1 other Daily
Advice & Tips: Took cannabis years ago for migraine pain and nausea. I take other medications to help if I get a migraine now. Recently I had a relapse with Fibromyalgia and nothing was working to alleviate the pain, stiffness, and the effect they were having on my sleep. I have found one strain so far that I take at night that is very good for exactly what I need for and it doesn't mess with my head.

Apr 7, 2011 (Started Mar 03, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: great against stiffness/spaticity. Help your appetite and your mood.

Dec 30, 2010 (Started Dec 30, 2010)

Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Moderate (for bulbar symptoms)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea)
Advice & Tips: I tried it after reading others' evaluations. I would suggest trying it. I'm never alone, never drive or do anything else. Dosage is awkward to determine.
Side effects: nausea

Jun 1, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I recommend using a vaporizer, this way you are not burning the medicine just heating it, also baking with it is highly recommended, not only do you get the benefits of the medicine you get a nice treat also! the downfall with baking is you need to use so much more, and if you are like me, it takes so much out of you to bake it, so you need someone else to bake for you! I loved this treatment and had no choice but to stop this nonaddictive medicine to go on highly addictive medicine! all due to cost! I get the highly addictive meds paid for...makes no sense to me!!

Apr 11, 2009 (Started Aug 01, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE WEIGHT GAIN! BE SURE TO HAVE HEALTHY FOOD AROUND!

Apr 10, 2009 (Started Jun 08, 2006)

Moderate (for pain)
    Moderate (for Lhermitte's sign)
  • Side effects
    Mild (overeating, dry mouth)
Dosage: 1 g Monthly
Side effects: dry mouth, overeating

Feb 22, 2009 (Started Apr 24, 2006)

Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Mild (goofy feeling)
Side effects: goofy feeling

Showing 10 of 10 patient evaluations for Cannabis