4 patient evaluations for Deep breathing and relaxation taken for the purpose of 'pain'

15 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 6, 2016 (Started Mar 01, 2010)

Major (for General health)
    Major (for pain)
    Major (for Support mental / emotional health)
Dosage: 50 min Daily
Advice & Tips: Am happy to report that deep breathing has become more of a instinctive habit now. It took some time to get here, but now it feels more natural to take a deep relaxing belly breath when tension, fear or anger arises rather than react from a place of fear and lack. Now, I feel empowered by the breath to stand still, strong, centre myself and react from a place of love and empathy (for myself as well as others).

Mar 5, 2012 (Started Mar 01, 2010)

Major (for General health)
    Major (for pain)
Dosage: 50 min Daily
Advice & Tips: I practice deep breathing and relaxation techniques alongside meditation both when I am experiencing attacks of pain and when I am pain free. This treatment helps me to feel more whole, centered and able to manage the periods of pain more effectively. My body tenses up with pain and deep breathing relaxes my body and helps to calm my mind so I can either allow myself to go with the flow of the pain instead of fighting it, or to distance myself from the physical pain by 'rising above it' emotionally.

Aug 22, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 2009)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for pain)
    Major (for anxious mood)
Dosage: 10 min Daily
Advice & Tips: Simple, easy, and free. It doesn't cause any problems or side effects; you can't overdose; and it helps relieve muscle tension, anxiety, and stress. I've also discovered it helps me go to sleep (even when my muscles are twitching and jerking, IF I can maintain my focus on the breathing.)

Mar 25, 2010 (Started Mar 01, 2010)

Moderate (for pain)
    Moderate (for anxious mood)
Dosage: 40 min Daily
Advice & Tips: This deep breathing usually works when I get into such an anxiety or pain attack and it's too soon to take anything for it.

Dec 23, 2008 (Started Jan 01, 1990)

Moderate (for pain)
    Major (for panic attacks)
    Moderate (for stress)