29 patient evaluations for Pregabalin taken for the purpose of 'nerve pain (neuralgia)'

161 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Feb 29, 2012 (Started Nov 01, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo)
Advice & Tips: Cymbalta (duloxetine) was helpful, but did not usually address all of my nerve pain. I resumed Lyrica and slowly worked up to my current dosage until I achieved analgesia (absence of pain). The only time I notice nerve pain is on bad days when the nerve pain returns. I might speak to my pain management doctor about taking an additional dose on those days because the pain is significant. Not sure if this ia an accepted protocol.

Dec 2, 2010 (Started Nov 01, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo)
Advice & Tips: It reduces nerve pain in my legs, but it does not remove it most days. My arms are better, but when my bad days hit, it fails to cover the pain just like my legs. Overall, it appears to work, but it is not totally effective and increasing the dose is not

Jan 15, 2012 (Started May 16, 2008)

None (for Pain)
    None (for muscle pain)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Severe (problems concentrating, blurry vision, weight gain, brain fog)
Advice & Tips: I was taking Lyrica for a few years and then I had trouble with my insurance paying for my script so I stopped using the Lyrica for awhile. I finally got things squared away with the insurance and I started taking Lyrica again at a lower dose. Within 3 days of restarting the Lyrica my family noticed that I had changed. I was groggy and not paying attention to important things. I felt a presence who talked to me and I talked back. That was a really creepy feeling once I realized what was happening. I stopped taking the Lyrica again because my family was shocked at the difference in my behavior. My pain is worse without the Lyrica, but my life is much better.
Side effects: problems concentrating, blurry vision, brain fog, weight gain, weight gain

Nov 29, 2009 (Started May 16, 2008)

Moderate (for Pain)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Moderate (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (problems concentrating, blurry vision, weight gain, brain fog)
Advice & Tips: Before I was taking my current dose of 600 mg. of Lyrica a day I was a total mess with electric type pain consuming my whole body in addition to the regular type of pain that the doctor prescribes regular pain meds for. Now that I am on such a high dose of the Lyrica I am at least able to live a normal life where I am not constantly being electrocuted by everything I touch and feel inside.

Sep 29, 2011 (Started Sep 19, 2002)

Can’t tell (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects

Sep 1, 2011 (Started Aug 01, 2007)

None (for fibromyalgia)
    None (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (auditory hallucinations)

Jun 1, 2011 (Started May 15, 2007)

Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (swelling generalized, dryness, dry mouth, weight gain)
Side effects: dryness, dry mouth, weight gain, swelling generalized

Jan 10, 2010 (Started May 15, 2007)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (swelling generalized, dryness, dry mouth, weight gain)
Side effects: dryness, dry mouth, weight gain, swelling generalized

May 15, 2007 (Started May 15, 2007)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I only positive benefits when initially taking Lyrica. I was able to go back to work and had more energy. After about 18 months on Lyrica, I began experiencing the normal side effects of this drug. I began gaining wait very fast, 20 pounds, and please note, I have always weighed the same. I have never been on a diet in my life; even after having my 2 kids. I also began having swelling of my extremities, at times, the swelling added to my pain. Also, I began have extreme dry mouth, which causes trouble swallowing and cavities.After the initial weight gain, I have stayed at the same weight. Fortunately, the positive effects of Lyrica out weigh the negative. I absolutely could not function daily without Lyrica.
Side effects: dryness, dry mouth, weight gain, swelling generalized

Oct 19, 2010 (Started Mar 22, 2010)

• Side effects

Oct 12, 2010 (Started Oct 12, 2010)

Major (for Pain)
    Major (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (drunk feeling, sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: I picked up the medicine from the pharmacy, went home and ate and then took it. I was hurting pretty bad because I had been up most of the night with my 4 year old daughter coughing. My pain is worse when I don't get enough rest. I could tell about two hours after I took it that my pain was significantly decreased. I felt really good for the first time in a very, very long time. I was sooooo happy!!
Side effects: sleepiness, swelling in the abdominal region, drunk feeling, abdominal bloating

Aug 12, 2010 (Started Oct 12, 2010)

Slight (for Pain)
    Slight (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Slight (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I was put on the titrate dose to end up taking 50mg twice a day, but it made me sick to my stomach, so the doctor changed it to 25mg twice a day and I don't feel sick anymore, but I still hurt.

Oct 4, 2010 (Started Apr 20, 2009)

Moderate (for facial spasm)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (swelling in feet, swelling in hands)
Advice & Tips: be sure to get a water pill from doc if you experience swelling of hands and feet be sure to have a potassium pill so that you don't get cramps from the water pill
Side effects: swelling in hands, swelling in feet

Aug 30, 2010 (Started Jun 14, 2010)

Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (drowsy in a.m.)
Advice & Tips: made me very drowsy during the day
Side effects: drowsy in a.m.

Jul 20, 2010 (Started Feb 17, 2010)

Moderate (for whole body ache)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Mild (moodiness, nerve pain (neuralgia))
Advice & Tips: Prior to the Lyrica, I was taking Gabapentin. I felt the Gabapentin was making me as miserable as the MS. My doc switched me to Lyrica and what a difference! I didn't realize just how sick the Gabapentin was making me feel. The Lyrica helped with the cold burning sensation the Lhirmeets symptom, and the tingling in my hands. I started to feel human again and had energy back! I am now on the 600mg which is the highest dose my doc prefers to prescribe. I am having more break through recently, but I am also in the midst of a relapse. Lets see how it does when and if we get this relapse under control. Even with the slight break through I don't know what I would do without my Lyrica!!!
Side effects: moodiness, nerve pain (neuralgia)

Mar 13, 2010 (Started Feb 17, 2010)

Moderate (for whole body ache)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Mild (moodiness)
Advice & Tips: I was originally taking gabapentin for the burning/pain in my right leg, and right hand. I did not like the way gabapentin made me feel, and I didn't like the side effects, that were supposed to wear off, but I didn't feel like it did. I started on Lyrica at the 50mg. 2x's a day, am and pm. I did start to notice a slight difference, but after a short time I upped my dose, (doc's permission to experiment) to 100 mg 2x's a day. I definitely noticed a difference! The only side effect I really noticed was it was affecting my moods. I was going through some stressful events and it made me more edgy and easier to anger. That seems to have passed. I feel more energetic and it has also helped with my spacisity. I love taking Lyrica, it has made such a difference for me!
Side effects: moodiness, nerve pain (neuralgia)

Mar 6, 2010 (Started Feb 17, 2010)

Slight (for whole body ache)
    Slight (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I began taking Lyrica to replace the treatment of gabapentin. I am not on a full dose yet, am starting out low to adjust my body to it to avoid side effects, so I have only noticed a slight difference so far.

Showing 10 of 29 patient evaluations for Pregabalin