5 patient evaluations for Guaifenesin taken for the purpose of 'fibromyalgia'

33 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jun 7, 2014 (Started Oct 15, 2012)

Can't tell (for sinusitis symptoms)
    Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: sometimes you are not taking enough. cough chronic since start of Effexor trying dextromorphan

Sep 4, 2010 (Started Aug 23, 2010)

Can't tell (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain, muscle and joint pain, abdominal bloating)
Advice & Tips: I just started Mucinex 400mg, 2x per day on 8/23/10~ I didn't notice any change in my Fibro symptoms so as prescribed I up'd my dosage to 600mg, 2 x per day. Within the first 48 hours my Fibro skyrocketed! Pain levels went from a 5-6 to an unbearable 9+ and it was a pain that seemed to travel thruout my body from one day to the next. I am also experience severe dry mouth and skin and have noticed that I am start to bloat up (as in water retention) and I'm not sure if this is a side effect or not. I will continue to take Mucinex and hope for a reprieve from the Fibro...
Side effects: weight gain, muscle and joint pain, abdominal bloating

Jun 1, 2010 (Started Jun 01, 2010)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: The Mucinex was not hard to take. It comes in 12 hour extended release tablets. I would take them twice per day. It helped especially when my pain meds were not working or for the night when my meds would wear off. It helped keep my pain down so that I could sleep. I started Savella and that seems to be helping a lot. The Mucinex is expensive and I could not longer afford paying for it. Since the Savella is helping so much, I was able to stop the Mucinex.

May 1, 2010 (Started Feb 01, 2008)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: drink alot of water and dark stinky urine is normal when you first start taking it.

Feb 20, 2010 (Started Jun 14, 2005)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I didn't think this treatment was working. Once the mucinex became to expensive I found a generic form of guai. I take 3 tablets every 4-6 hours. I hate taking pills, so when I started my new job '09 October I took them less and less thinking I felt good so why did I need them? Well by December I was back to needing help getting out of a chair and hurting so much I want to cry all the time. By January I would sleep 6-10 hours, but after about 2 hours of being awake I felt like I had not slept at all and was ready for a 6 hour nap. So I am back on the guai. It wall probably take about 6 months or more to be back to feeling better again. But I proved to myself that this was helping me feel good enough to do things. It doesn't relieve the pain and fatigue completely, but get it to a level that I can handle.

Showing 5 of 5 patient evaluations for Guaifenesin