6 patient evaluations for Topiramate taken for the purpose of 'fibromyalgia'

47 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Mar 12, 2012 (Started Nov 10, 2010)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (hair loss, numbness and tingling with pins and needles, balance problems, brain fog, forgetting words)
Side effects: hair loss, balance problems, numbness and tingling with pins and needles

Feb 28, 2012 (Started Nov 10, 2010)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: This medication worked relatively well for my fibro pain, but after about a year or so it started affecting my cognitive functions. I have had difficulty completing sentences and remembering words, and have been unable to drive for the past few weeks. After visiting a neurologist, I am discontinuing this medication on his advice.

May 8, 2011 (Started Nov 10, 2010)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (hair loss, numbness and tingling with pins and needles, balance problems)

May 21, 2010 (Started May 19, 2010)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (fingers tingling, numbness in knee, nightmares, numbness in feet, brain fog, balance problems, nausea)
Advice & Tips: I did a lot of research before starting this medication, so none of the side effects came as as suprise. They are not pleasant, but I am already noting a slight decrese in pain on day 3 and it is my understanding that the side effects will subiside.
Side effects: nightmares, fingers tingling, numbness in feet, nausea, numbness in knee, balance problems, brain fog

Mar 1, 2010 (Started Jul 30, 2009)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Made me very tired and gave me diarrhea.

Mar 1, 2010 (Started Jan 05, 2010)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: it caused severe dry mouth, I now have a hard time making my own saliva. And it ruined my teeth because of the dry mouth.

Nov 7, 2009 (Started Nov 05, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (hands tingling, feet tingling, word fishing)
Advice & Tips: Its a good medications with not many bad side effects. It is easily tolerated. One benefit I have noticed is it makes my skin tingle which I love. It also elevates my mood. It also controls my appetite, now that doesn't happen with everyone, but it does happen with me. What I mean when "controls appetite" I don't get hungry. I forget to eat!
Side effects: feet tingling, hands tingling, word fishing

Apr 8, 2009 (Started Mar 04, 2009)

None (for fibromyalgia)
    None (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Slight (for migraine headaches)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (sleepiness, hands tingling, feet tingling, tremor in hands, nausea)
Advice & Tips: I will ask to quit this because for me it hasn't prevented the migraines enough....ended up at doctor's office yesterday for a shot for one.....and the side effects lost me a month of activity.
Side effects: feet tingling, hands tingling, tremor in hands, nausea, brain fog, sleepiness

Showing 6 of 6 patient evaluations for Topiramate