4 patient evaluations for Doxycycline taken for the purpose of 'Lyme disease'

49 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Sep 2, 2012 (Started Feb 07, 2013)

Major (for Lyme disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (swelling of throat, nausea and vomiting)
Advice & Tips: The bottle says to take it on an empty stomach. DO NOT DO IT! IT'S A TRAP! (Ask your doctor, they will say to eat a BIG meal beforehand!)

May 20, 2011 (Started Sep 22, 2010)

Slight (for Lyme disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (nausea, dizziness, skin sensitivity to sun (photosensitivity), nausea and vomiting)
Advice & Tips: My acne cleared up. It aggrivated my stomach and caused fungus to grow in my mouth, on the teeth, in my personal regions and in my stomach. I was extremely sensative to sun and burned horribly. My local grocery store has a fee abx that are free. This was one.
Side effects: nausea, skin sensitivity to sun (photosensitivity), dizziness, nausea and vomiting

May 4, 2011 (Started Mar 03, 2011)

Can't tell (for Bartonella infection)
    Can't tell (for Lyme disease)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: TAKE THE WARNINGS ABOUT SUNLIGHT SERIOUSLY. After being on Doxycycline for about two months I began getting bad Porphyria even after being outside for just fifteen minutes. Other than that this medication was fine.

Mar 28, 2009 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Can't tell (for Lyme disease)
  • Side effects
    Severe (Jarisch-Herxeimer reaction, sensitivity to sunlight)
Advice & Tips: After about 20 minutes outside i ended up with big blistering burns on my hands and a few of my face. Be very careful with any sun exposure and limit your time outside for the first few weeks. i had no reactions at first. The site isnt letting me change the date for some reason but i took this med in 2009 when first diagnosed with lyme disease. i also made up the dosage because it was required and had no i dont know option.

Showing 4 of 4 patient evaluations for Doxycycline