4 patient evaluations for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) taken for the purpose of 'bipolar disorder'

35 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jun 24, 2013 (Started Jan 15, 2013)

Dosage: 100 min Monthly

Aug 18, 2012 (Started Aug 17, 1987)

Dosage: 60 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: Be honest. Be open. Everyone has issues and if you can talk about them honestly you will be taking care of yourself and it will help. Forgive yourself for your faults and know that you can reverse bad habits, moods, attitudes, thoughts and patterns.

Oct 1, 2010 (Started Jun 07, 2010)

Slight (for bipolar disorder)
    None (for depressed mood)
    Slight (for anger)
Dosage: 50 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: I have found cognitive behavioral therapy to be a waste of time for me personally. That said I do think there are a LOT of people that would benefit from this type of therapy. I wasn't in it very long at all, maybe 2 months, and that just is not enough time to get any real gain from it, in my opinion. It was very hard for me to apply it to every day life, but I did learn a few coping techniques to apply, and I do that routinely, but I still falter somewhat. Overall, I think this is a good therapy, I think I just need to find a therapist that I feel more comfortable with, and where the therapy is not solely cognitive behavioral therapy. I hope this helps someone!

Nov 23, 2009 (Started Jan 01, 2007)

Dosage: 60 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: Very helpful for anxiety and panic attacks. As effective as many medications

Showing 4 of 4 patient evaluations for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)