3 patient evaluations for Budesonide taken for the purpose of 'asthma'

41 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 31, 2015 (Started Mar 15, 2006)

Can't tell (for asthma)
  • Side effects

May 15, 2015 (Started Jun 30, 2000)

Moderate (for asthma)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: My nebulizer quit working during a time when I had to change doctors and therefore had to have everyone of my medications rewritten by the new doctor when I finally found one I could work with (and after only about 2 to 3 months, I found out she quit to take a better position) so I get to go through it all over again! Ugh!!#!). Anyway, due to all of the Medicaid and Medicare regulations regarding medical equipment, I haven't been able to use the Budesonide (or another neb med). The pharmacy & doctors finally got everything worked out so I'm getting new machine next week & will be restarting the nebulizer meds again at that time. The time it takes, especially when I also take the duonebs at the same time, is really frustrating and boring. So sometimes I "conveniently" forget it. The duoneb however brings about a major difference right when I'm taking it which makes it easier to adhere to the schedule. I don't really notice that there is any improvement when I'm using it, but I can definitely tell a difference when I don't use it regularly.

Aug 14, 2014 (Started Jun 30, 2000)

Slight (for asthma)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (dry mouth, dry throat, sore throat, nausea)
Dosage: 0.5 mg/2 mL Twice daily
Advice & Tips: This is a nebulizer version of Pulmicort. I take it twice a day. I also take DuoNeb 4 times/day via nebulizer. Duoneb is a sterile inhalation solution containing a combination of albuterol and ipratropium. nebulizer version of albuterol. The DuoNeb and Budesonide solutions can be mixed and taken together, however, this causes a lot of foaming and ultimately takes significantly longer than taking one after the other.

Sep 1, 2011 (Started Aug 01, 2010)

None (for asthma)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (dry mouth)
Dosage: 160 mcg Daily