8 patient evaluations for Urinary Catheter

56 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

May 24, 2015 (Started Mar 26, 2015)

Major (for neurogenic bladder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I had a wonderful surgeon in my awesome urologist. He has devised a technique for this procedure wherein The pleasure is filled to capacity, and the whole is then placed low on the pubic bone. I highly recommend.

Mar 21, 2015 (Started Dec 07, 2014)

Major (for urinary retention)
Dosage: Daily

Jul 29, 2012 (Started Nov 03, 2010)

Moderate (for General health)
  • Side effects
    Mild (infection, infected stoma)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: I decided to have a supra pubic catheter insertion because I couldn't get from my chair or bed to the toilet via hoist, in time. Nappy pads left me sore and anyway, I enjoy going out for ooh, hours on end. I don't want to be tied to within pissing distance of my hoist! it's sore I find myself prone to UTIs and infection of the stoma site. It necessitates more care regimes and faffing about but it gives me freedom and that makes it worthwhile

Jan 15, 2012 (Started Oct 15, 2011)

Can't tell (for Other)
Dosage: Daily

Nov 5, 2011 (Started Jan 01, 2005)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Mild (rash or skin problems)
Advice & Tips: Beware of skin problems. I wear a diaper or pad together with the condom catheter in case the condom catheter leaks. It gives me freedom and I don't have to worry about finding an accessible toilet in time, less stress.

Oct 15, 2011 (Started Jun 29, 2011)

Major (for bladder problems)
  • Side effects
    Severe (constant infections of different natures)
Dosage: Daily

Jun 25, 2010 (Started Mar 20, 2004)

Major (for bladder problems)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: Thank God for these little sticks! Hardly ever have UTI's anymore. Use them everytime I go. New compact ones from Coloplast are great. Prelubricated and all in one. Easy to carry and dispose of. Only problem is that Medicare MAKES you get a lot of extra stuff in order to have them covered...Wasteful! I try to donate the extra wipes and gloves and disposal bags to clinics or friends when possible.

Feb 1, 2000 (Started Feb 01, 2003)

Moderate (for bladder problems)
  • Side effects
    Severe (pain)
Advice & Tips: to each his or her own. mine was placed too close to current scar, when it must be changed, it bleeds tearing this scar tissue. continually becoming worse. i will go back to regular cath
Side effects: pain

Showing 8 of 8 patient evaluations for Urinary Catheter