24 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam taken for the purpose of 'epilepsy' with a side effects rating of Mild

137 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 1, 2014 (Started Dec 03, 2007)

Can’t tell (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (elevated liver enzymes)

Feb 15, 2014 (Started Apr 14, 2008)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (somnolence)

Jun 1, 2013 (Started Oct 21, 2011)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (drowsiness, decreased appetite, makes me emotional or short fused, clumsiness, irritability, short temper)
Advice & Tips: Ive been on Keppra since the end of 2011. Its been an interesting experience. I was on it with Trileptal originally, and now Im on it with Zonegran. I noticed that once they increased my Keppra dosage that my irritability increased. And thats when I started to experience the famous "Keppra rage." Once I noticed that, I told my neuro to decrease my dosage, and my irritability decreased with it. My advice to anyone is that if you dont like dealing with irritability issues than by all means, please discuss decreasing your dosage with your doctor.... they'll be more than willing to help you out with your dosage so you wont become a raging lunatic like I was during that time. Trust me on this! Haha. Another thing is that Keppra has helped me out with my seizures better than any other medication has so far and I am so happy with it so far. Im also on generic Keppra! So if name brand Keppra doesnt work for you, feel free to try generic Keppra like me, and it might just work for you too!

Feb 1, 2013 (Started Oct 21, 2011)

• Side effects

Dec 14, 2011 (Started Oct 21, 2011)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: Ive been on Keppra with Trileptal for about two months now, and most of the side effects have subsided. I've been feeling pretty good so far and havent had a major complex or major simple partial seizure since October and I'd like to keep it that way. Also, I still havent had the "Keppra rage" yet. To anyone thats considering Keppra, don't be afraid, just give it a try and make sure you keep an eye on any mood changes is all (and ask your family and friends too!)

Nov 15, 2011 (Started Oct 21, 2011)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (drowsiness, decreased appetite, makes me emotional or short fused, clumsiness, irritability, short temper)
Advice & Tips: Ive been on Keppra for about a month now, and in the beginning I was extremely worried about the infamous "Keppra rage". I do notice that it has been making my fuse a bit shorter, but i'm not acting out on aggression without a reason. I have also been having a fluctuating appetite while on Keppra and some weight loss (but very slow weight loss). On the other hand, I have been having less frequent auras and have not had a major complex or simple partial since Ive been taking it! (crosses fingers)

Oct 26, 2011 (Started Oct 21, 2011)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: Ive been taking Keppra for only a week and it gets me really drowsy for a few hours. I suggest to anyone taking this: please be careful when youre first on this medication. Dont over exert yourself because you might get dizzy.

Apr 4, 2013 (Started Jun 01, 2012)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (tiredness, loss of appetite)

Sep 23, 2012 (Started Sep 09, 2012)

• Side effects

May 30, 2012 (Started Jun 30, 2000)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (lethargy)
Advice & Tips: This medication kept my seizures at bay for 10 years before I had some breakthrough seizures. It's wonderful! And it was safe to take during my pregnancy and while breastfeeding.

Apr 15, 2012 (Started Apr 04, 2012)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
Advice & Tips: none

Feb 11, 2012 (Started Jun 30, 2008)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))

Jan 24, 2012 (Started Aug 15, 2007)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (difficulty recalling words (dysnomia), ataxia (lack of coordination), decreased appetite, cognitive impairment)
Dosage: 6 tab(s) Daily
Advice & Tips: Take lots of B6 (Pyroxidine HCL) and B12, Keppra depletes your natural stores.

Jan 5, 2012 (Started Nov 29, 2010)

Can’t tell (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (fatigue)
Side effects: fatigue

Nov 30, 2010 (Started Nov 29, 2010)

Can’t tell (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (fatigue)
Side effects: fatigue

Mar 27, 2010 (Started Nov 29, 2010)

Showing 10 of 24 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam