13 patient evaluations for Divalproex sodium with a side effects rating of Mild

130 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 28, 2011 (Started Dec 15, 2010)

None (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: This hasn't helped with my seizures at all, but made my migraines almost non-existent. I'm in the process of weaning off this medication.

Dec 29, 2010 (Started Dec 25, 1995)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (insomnia, depressed mood, fatigue, memory problems, balance problems, brain fog, atrophy of right arm muscles, joint pain, muscle spasms)
Advice & Tips: Please talk to your doctor about negative side effects you are having. Find a neurologist they can help you understand what is going on!
Side effects: balance problems, muscle spasms, fatigue, depressed mood, brain fog, insomnia, joint pain, atrophy of right arm muscles, memory problems

Mar 10, 2010 (Started Dec 25, 1995)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (insomnia, depressed mood, fatigue, memory problems, balance problems, brain fog, atrophy of right arm muscles, joint pain, muscle spasms)

Nov 23, 2010 (Started Jan 15, 2005)

Major (for seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic))
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I was originally started on Depakote, back in 1989. It was very had to remember to take it on time, since it had to be taken at 4 different times per day. This resulted in larger swings in Depakote levels in my bloodstream, sometimes possibly leading to break-through seizures. Since I have been on Depakote ER this is no longer a problem, and it is much more convenient to take only one time per day.

Nov 6, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain, diarrhea, loss of short term memory, social withdrawal, overeating, laziness, no lows/highs)
Advice & Tips: I statred to take 2000 mg a day I stoppped checking my bank account from 10 times a day to 2x. My mania will killl me I cannot let it out????
Side effects: overeating, social withdrawal, weight gain, laziness, loss of short term memory, no lows/highs, diarrhea

Sep 26, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I only take 1000mg told my doc it was making me sick taking 2000mg no maina my mania can be deadly

Sep 4, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Advice & Tips: little mania

Jun 13, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain, diarrhea, loss of short term memory, social withdrawal, overeating, laziness, no lows/highs)
Advice & Tips: I have taken 2000 mg bt pd since and I am very depressed and fat and no mania

May 31, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I been not taking 2 x 500mg 2x a day untill now I feel better and just 1000mg will not out me in the theaputic range, I had mania since 1/1/10. I have been stable and not soending money but I isolate and gained weight back I have to staRT SOMEWHERE!

May 9, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: this stops my mania but it makesme normal and hate this but my mania can be deadly possible weight gainer

Jan 1, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain, diarrhea, laziness)
Advice & Tips: I have been on 2000mg daily less minia and depression. But no drive feel druged and miss my mania!!!!Also weight problems mainly do to my lazzyness.

Jun 26, 2009 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain, diarrhea, laziness)

Jun 13, 2009 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Advice & Tips: it works

Jan 31, 2009 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain, diarrhea, laziness)
Advice & Tips: I tryed to go on abilifty and that was for me a desaster. Depkote is the one i need but i have a hard time gettihg motivaded

Jan 1, 2009 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: weight problems

Sep 9, 2010 (Started Oct 29, 2007)

Slight (for Treat my mood condition(s))
  • Side effects

Mar 11, 2010 (Started Mar 14, 1998)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I measure my medicine out in a seven-day reminder container, so I dont forget to take the medicine. I have been free from Major tonic-clonic seizures for over 12 years, now.

Aug 17, 2009 (Started Jun 08, 2009)

Moderate (for Treat my mood condition(s))
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain, hair loss, drowsiness, agitation with restlessness)
Side effects: weight gain, agitation with restlessness, hair loss, drowsiness

Aug 2, 2009 (Started Jun 08, 2009)

Moderate (for Treat my mood condition(s))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain, hair loss, drowsiness, agitation with restlessness)
Advice & Tips: Well I don't like the fact that this drug is causing my hair to come out. And it did help with my mood but I'm coming off this drug and I'm starting Seroquil in it's place.
Side effects: weight gain, agitation with restlessness, hair loss, drowsiness

Mar 24, 2009 (Started Oct 15, 2008)

Can't tell (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain)
Side effects: weight gain

Feb 24, 2009 (Started Oct 15, 2008)

Slight (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
Side effects: weight gain

Jan 8, 2009 (Started Dec 31, 2008)

Moderate (for bipolar rapid cycling)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea, thirst)
Advice & Tips: I have only been taking this medicine just over a week and it seems to be working so far. I have experienced some very unpredictable nausea/vomitting. Its not every time I take it and it comes completely out of nowhere. Its weird. One minute I'm fine, then all of a sudden I'm running to the bathroom to get sick, then I'm completely fine again. I haven't really had any upset stomach, which makes this even more bizarre. I'm hoping this will go away with time.
Side effects: thirst, nausea, nausea

Dec 31, 2008 (Started Dec 31, 2008)

Moderate (for bipolar rapid cycling)
Side effects: thirst, nausea, nausea

Dec 31, 2008 (Started Dec 02, 2008)

Moderate (for Treat my mood condition(s))
  • Side effects
    Mild (fatigue, brain fog, diarrhea, drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: Up the dosage slowly, be patient.
Side effects: fatigue, brain fog, diarrhea, drowsiness, fatigue, drowsiness

Showing 10 of 13 patient evaluations for Divalproex sodium