8 patient evaluations for Naltrexone with a side effects rating of Moderate

33 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jan 25, 2018 (Started Nov 22, 2017)

Moderate (for alcohol cravings)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (injection site pain)
Dosage: 380 mg Monthly
Advice & Tips: The injection is large and somewhat painful in your hip for a few days. If you massage the area in the first few days, the lump will dissipate and the pain will stop.

Nov 24, 2017 (Started Nov 22, 2017)

Slight (for alcohol cravings)
  • Side effects
    Mild (injection site pain)
Dosage: 380 mg Monthly

Aug 1, 2012 (Started Feb 15, 2004)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (stiffness/spasticity)
Dosage: 2.5 mg Daily

Sep 30, 2011 (Started Feb 15, 2004)

Slight (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (stiffness/spasticity)
Dosage: 4 mg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: It really seemed to help for years but we suspect that I have become sensitized to it. It was suggested that I drop my dosage to 2mg but it is very difficult to obtain here.

Jan 8, 2012 (Started Dec 26, 2011)

Can't tell (for premenstrual syndrome (PMS))
    Can't tell (for allergies)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (headaches, exhaustion, nausea, stiffness/spasticity, neck movement dizziness (cervicogenic dizziness))
Advice & Tips: Start real Low and slow. I started at 0,25. After 1 week 0,5 mg. I had Side effects like stiff and painfull neck and upper back. Also exhaustion, I slep a lot. Dizziness and mild nauseous. Now it is all gone exept fot stiffness but that is going better now.

Oct 8, 2010 (Started Feb 13, 2010)

Can't tell (for Unknown)
Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: When first prescribed, I took 1.5mg nightly for two weeks, then up to 3mg nightly and stayed the for 4 mos. The side effect I has was rigidity. I had given it enough time, and felt no change other than the increased rigidity, so I went down to 1.5mg nighly. I did experiment with dosage time of day and with not taking it for a few days, twice. The only effect I could see, rigidity, continued, so I've stopped taking LDN. I took it for a total of 6 months.

Jul 7, 2010 (Started Apr 30, 2010)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
    Moderate (for brain fog)
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: The problem is that I can't take pain medications with LDN. As my pain increased I knew I had to stop taking it so I could start taking pain medication.

May 3, 2010 (Started Apr 30, 2010)

Major (for pain)
    None (for brain fog)
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I've only been on this medication for 3 days, and it is wonderful. I can't say enough positive about the effects.

Jun 7, 2010 (Started Dec 25, 2009)

Major (for pain)
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I have been doing really well on LDN for the last few months, better energy and much less pain. In the beginning I had some vivid dreams but that passed. In the last 2-3 weeks however, I have begun having vivid bad dreams and even nightmares - as of last night, I am decreasing from 4.5 mg to 3 mg to see if that will eliminate the bad dreams.

May 18, 2010 (Started Mar 16, 2010)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (cold sensation in feet, stiffness/spasticity)
Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily
Side effects: cold sensation in feet, stiffness/spasticity, stiffness/spasticity

Mar 16, 2010 (Started Mar 16, 2010)

Moderate (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Mild (stiffness/spasticity)
Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: try it...you'll like it!

Aug 17, 2009 (Started Aug 07, 2009)

None (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (muscle spasms in legs, headaches, diarrhea)
Advice & Tips: When I first started to take Low Dose Naltrexon, the days were very tiring for me. I was suffering form diarrhoea and often had a headache as well. Yes, the Low Dose Naltrexon triggers more and heavier fasciculations. I notice this in an instant when I go to bed, but I can feel it the next morning as well. The fasciculations slowly disappear during the day. I wonder if this all is a side-effect of LDN or could it be the exhaustion and irregularity? Although this is unlikely, this could also be the result of some other new supplements like Adaptonyl and Vitamin B5 500, which I began using since short time. After I had discussed this with my orthomoleculair therapist, I decided to quit using LDN after a usage of 11 days. The heavier fasciculations have not yet returned and I have heard a likewise reaction from another ALS patient, who had quit after 2 weeks of usage.
Side effects: muscle spasms in legs, diarrhea, headaches

Showing 8 of 8 patient evaluations for Naltrexone