6 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine with a side effects rating of Severe

68 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 1, 2014 (Started Oct 13, 2009)

Moderate (for fatigue)
  • Side effects
    Severe (jaw clenching)

Nov 11, 2011 (Started Oct 13, 2009)

Moderate (for fatigue)
  • Side effects

Jul 24, 2012 (Started Jul 17, 2012)

Slight (for problems concentrating)
    Slight (for excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
  • Side effects
    Severe (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), excessive yawning, jittery feeling)

Jul 20, 2012 (Started Jul 17, 2012)

Slight (for problems concentrating)
    Slight (for excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), excessive yawning, jittery feeling)
Advice & Tips: Dose: 20mg short acting in a.m. and 10mg short acting at 3 p.m. The first day of new dose was about 75% better. Up all day; took bedtime meds at 1:00 a.m.; woke up at 3:30 and was up for the day at 4:00 a.m. Second day was about 50% better than before I started, but I was yawning all day and started getting tired around 5:30. I started falling asleep during a movie between 5-7 p.m. and continued to nod off/fall asleep while I was on the computer and doing crossward puzzles. This is the third day and I woke up tired. It's 12:30 p.m. and I'm having trouble with concentration and vision. I notice that my sense of tiredness sometimes corresponds with vision and concentration problems. Another dose at 3:00 p.m. Will see PCP on Monday to discuss dose and the Sleep Specialist on Tuesday.

Oct 21, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 2009)

Moderate (for attention deficit disorder)
    Moderate (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Adderall xr does help and it has many positive side effects. It peaked my blood sugar though, constricted my blood vessels, increased swelling, made me tired, made me depressed and moody, i formed a quick tolerance, and it's very habit forming. It actually helped me sleep which is an odd side effect. It ended up making me very tired and I would hyperfocus which didn't help me accomplish anything. It made me very depressed when I was coming off of it. It really helped me wake up in the morning and gave me a hope to be able to accomplish something for the day. Without insurance this is very expensive.

Apr 2, 2010 (Started Sep 01, 2000)

Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
Advice & Tips: Clarity of thinking and ability to focus

Nov 9, 2009 (Started Jan 10, 2007)

Moderate (for excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
  • Side effects
    Severe (overly talkative (talk too much), always feel urgent need to be doing something productive, restlessness (akathisia), headaches, dry mouth, weight loss, anxious mood)
Side effects: dry mouth, restlessness (akathisia), overly talkative (talk too much), always feel urgent need to be doing something productive, weight loss, headaches, anxious mood

Aug 15, 2009 (Started Jul 15, 2009)

Moderate (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)

Showing 6 of 6 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine