23 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine with a side effects rating of Moderate

163 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 8, 2016 (Started Jun 30, 2012)

Moderate (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (involuntary muscle movements)

Oct 1, 2010 (Started Jun 30, 2012)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: After taking for so long, I became immune to it, beware. It definitely makes me lose weight.

Jul 1, 2015 (Started Jul 30, 2010)

Major (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (jittery feeling)

Oct 20, 2011 (Started Jul 30, 2010)

Major (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (jittery feeling)

Aug 16, 2010 (Started Jul 30, 2010)

• Side effects

Sep 6, 2013 (Started Apr 01, 2012)

Moderate (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
    Moderate (for major depressive disorder)
    Major (for fatigue)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (heart rate increased)
Advice & Tips: Only take it when you really need the energy boost -- like for especially long days or needing to be especially efficient at work. If your body gets too used to having it, then its effectiveness decreases and you need more to achieve the same "boost". You can also get addicted to this med and the withdrawls are no fun.

Jul 1, 2013 (Started Jul 19, 2007)

Slight (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (irritability, loss of appetite, increased appetite)

Oct 16, 2011 (Started Jul 19, 2007)

Moderate (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (irritability, loss of appetite, increased appetite)
Advice & Tips: On terms of the side effects, when I take it I have no appetite. But I see this as a positive cause it keeps me from eating all day lol. HOWEVER the withdrawal side effects when it wears off is the opposite so my appetite becomes supercharged. My weight kind of maintains though but if I want to lose weight I eat then take it later in the day so at night by the time it wears off, I'm ready for bed soon.

Jul 19, 2007 (Started Jul 19, 2007)

Moderate (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (irritability, loss of appetite, increased appetite)
Advice & Tips: The positive effect is that it limits my appetite so I don't eat as much. The negative effect is when it wears off, my appetite becomes supercharged. But I've learned to control my appetite after it wears off.

Jun 15, 2012 (Started Jan 10, 2012)

None (for fatigue)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (trigeminal neuralgia)

Nov 12, 2011 (Started Oct 31, 2011)

Moderate (for fatigue)
    Moderate (for problems concentrating)
    Moderate (for lack of motivation)
    Moderate (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
    Moderate (for loss of focus)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (insomnia, loss of appetite, anxiety and frustration)
Advice & Tips: Do not drink coffee when you're on this medication. It will cause severe anxiety if even one little thing that's negative happens to you, especially if you are also neurotic. It seems to help my mood when I'm on it, but coming down from these stimulants can sometimes be depressing and lead to anxiety. It took me a little while to find good times to take the medication so it would last all day and not be too much or too little. If you take too much in one day, it will cause you to become anxious. I also found that it made me quite a perfectionist, so some projects are taking longer than they used to.

Nov 10, 2011 (Started Sep 01, 2008)

Moderate (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (sleeplessness)

Oct 3, 2011 (Started Apr 16, 2010)

Major (for problems concentrating)
    Moderate (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight loss, irritability, decreased appetite, dry mouth, anxious mood, insomnia)
Side effects: decreased appetite, irritability, dry mouth, weight loss, insomnia, anxious mood

Oct 21, 2010 (Started Apr 16, 2010)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: It seems like maybe the honeymoon is over--I think not sleeping enough and added life stress are mitigating the effects of this medication.

Aug 8, 2010 (Started Apr 16, 2010)

Moderate (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight loss, irritability, decreased appetite, dry mouth, anxious mood, insomnia)
Advice & Tips: Unexpected benefits: Initially I had more energy but that became less noticeable as I adjusted. I tend to be more talkative while taking Adderall. Impact: I'm able to concentrate more effectively; I end up getting more of my goals completed.

Sep 17, 2011 (Started Apr 27, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: This is a pure amphetamine (speed) and best left alone !

Jan 30, 2011 (Started Apr 27, 2009)

Advice & Tips: The only fatique drug that works for me

Nov 19, 2010 (Started Apr 27, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: addrerall keeps the fatique away and waked up the brain functions to keep me alert

Nov 12, 2010 (Started Apr 27, 2009)

• Side effects

Sep 2, 2011 (Started Apr 02, 2010)

Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I strongly recommend people to take adderall. It changed my life in so many levels. I started taking it because, after my son was born in 2007, my ADHD was a major problem for my wife, since I always would forget everything (including taking the trash out with tons of smelly diapers), and would always be tired so it was hard to help her in the ways she needed. The medicine made me be a better parent and a better husband. Now I remember things on the spot, I can PLAY with my soon without getting TOO annoyed... I also notice my NEED to watch TV decreased exponentially. I used to live hooked on the TV all the time, and nowdays, even at night after the medicine wears out, I don't have this NEED for television as I used to have all my life. Although, nothing can be a 100% perfect... LOL... As the medicine started to make my family life much better, my work life started to go down. I wasn't the same at work, as productive as before!!! It took me a while to figure out, but I finally got WHY and worked around it, but that change almost cost me my JOB!! When I started the medicine, I was working in a game company, doing a mix of artistic and computer programming tasks. After some many years dealing with ADHD, I developed a method to work that made me be very suscessfull in my field. ADHD HELPED me to multi-task better, so I could work on 2 or 3 things at the same time. Essentially because I would get bored of doing the same thing for so long, so I would switch to something else, and then when I was bored, I would go back to the first one. It was exciting... allways doing interesting things... and, off course, with the TV on all the time, listening to the "white noise" of the tv to keep me "happy". When I started take the medicine, I couldn't "multi-task" anymore, and my focus was SO DEEP, that I endup taking TOO LONG to finish tasks. Even worse, I ended up running in "dead-ends" that I would dig and dig to find answers, opposite to before when I would switch to something else, and when I go back to that again, I would "patch" something together and move on to new interesting things, essentially, being more productive! Also, my stress level increased, since I started to CARE much more about things... It was a new thing to me... to CARE so much... it became a HUGE responsibility which I never learned how to deal in my whole life, since I never care so much for things, facts, etc. The excess of focus (excess to me, because to others it still shows just a bit distracted LOL) is tiresome, some times... I also experience an increase in libido, in sexual desire, when in adderall. I'm 38 years old, I'm from Brazil but I live in Vancouver, CA, I work with computer in the Film and game industry, and I never knew that I had this condition until a couple of years ago. Finding it out, and taking the medicine changed my life in many levels... but most important is that it helped me become the father and husband (well, husband I'm still working on) that I always wanted to be! The rest is just a matter of learning how to deal with again! I can't say the medicine is the solution, but it helps A LOT!

Showing 10 of 23 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine