7 patient evaluations for Steroid IV Infusion with a side effects rating of Severe

19 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Aug 4, 2010 (Started Aug 04, 2010)

None (for optic neuritis right eye)
  • Side effects
    Severe (elevated blood pressure)
Dosage: 1 L Daily
Side effects: elevated blood pressure

Mar 30, 2009 (Started Mar 15, 2009)

Moderate (for banding of the left side of torso)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Though I hate this treatment, it has always cut down the time of my exacerbations. I used to weigh 120 pounds. I now weigh 220 and I have never been able to lose the extra weight. I sat in my former neurologist's office with my husband and wept when she said "You MUST go on this." I think he was crying too. He loves me, but hates the changes in my mood - I get very aggressive - much more than he has ever seen before. I hate needles, hate the fact that it makes me smell like metal and I can only taste what seems like sucking on an old piece of iron. Let me tell you, cranberry juice has never been my drink of choice, but that is the only thing I can taste - I am not a good food person. I starve myself. I have depression that is severe enough, but with this I think part of me dies every time I go on it.

Mar 9, 2009 (Started Mar 05, 2009)

Major (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects

Mar 6, 2009 (Started Feb 26, 2005)

Moderate (for numbness)
    Moderate (for numbness in feet)
    Moderate (for numbness in left leg)
  • Side effects
    Severe (increased energy, uneasy feeling)
Advice & Tips: You should prepair yourself for lots of energy.Read books and or watch a lot of movies.I had a very clean house.
Side effects: increased energy, uneasy feeling

Dec 20, 2008 (Started Mar 12, 2009)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
    Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (blush, flushing, feeling hot/overheating, metallic taste in mouth, uneasy feeling, fatigue, pain)
Advice & Tips: not sure yet
Side effects: feeling hot/overheating, flushing, pain, fatigue, uneasy feeling, metallic taste in mouth, blush

Sep 4, 2008 (Started Jul 02, 2008)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (swelling in feet, swelling in ankles, pain)
Advice & Tips: According to the first neuro. I saw he said that my reaction should not have happened. He acted as if I were making it up. So I had to go to my PCP when the pain and swelling got so bad that I was having trouble walking. My PCP said it was from the high dose of steriods.
Side effects: swelling in feet, pain, swelling in ankles

Oct 3, 1993 (Started Sep 13, 1993)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (blush, flushing, feeling hot/overheating, uneasy feeling, weight gain, fatigue)
Advice & Tips: can do damage to the body long term I avoid at all measures unless I am really ill
Side effects: feeling hot/overheating, flushing, blush, weight gain, uneasy feeling, fatigue, fatigue

Showing 7 of 7 patient evaluations for Steroid IV Infusion