2 patient evaluations for Massage Therapy with a side effects rating of Mild

57 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 16, 2010 (Started Feb 27, 2008)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
Dosage: 30 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: I started taking one hour massages, but the long time just wore me out for the rest of the day. So I moved to 1/2 hour and she does only the upper part of my body in that half hour. That seems to be where the tension is strongest and it has helped me a lot the rest of the day. When she massages my face, this releases much of the drainage material and has helped my allergies, together with the Nasal Rinse I use daily. This is the first really effective allergy relief I have had since I was a little girl.

Jul 9, 2010 (Started Feb 27, 2008)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
Dosage: 30 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: Getting someone to drive me to a massage therapist once a week is not easy, but it is worth the effort. Keeps my upper body muscles relaxed and I don't hurt so much around my neck and back. I didn't expect the therpist to massage my face for my allergies, but relaxing the face muscles with a message plus a nasal rinse each morning has stopped the incessant sneezing and itching during the pollen season. A splendid gift! Part of a weekly routine that keeps my P.D. managable.

Dec 12, 2009 (Started Jun 15, 2007)

Major (for muscle spasms)
  • Side effects
    Mild (uncomfortable)
Dosage: 60 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: Please consider trying Myo Fascial Release. My new Neurologist wasn't even sure that I had Parkinsons, until she moved my limbs. Myo fascial stretches and releases the fascia around our muscles. I truly feel that my PT Specialist has slowed the progression of my Parkinsons. He stretched out my neck more so that I eliminated any swallowing restrictions. My neck is now in allignment with my body!!
Side effects: uncomfortable

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Massage Therapy