5 patient evaluations for Etanercept with a side effects rating of Mild

76 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 10, 2012 (Started Jan 05, 2012)

Moderate (for rheumatoid arthritis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (rashes (redness, swelling), fatigue, nausea, itching)
Dosage: 50 mg Weekly
Advice & Tips: Enbrel helped clear up my acne which is nice. I combat the itching/swelling at the injection site by leaving the medicine out for 45min before injecting. Then I immediately apply anti-itch cream to about an inch or two circle around the site.

Apr 21, 2012 (Started Jul 01, 2005)

Moderate (for psoriatic arthritis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weakened immune system, sinus infection)
Dosage: 50 mg Weekly

Aug 15, 2010 (Started Jun 30, 2010)

Moderate (for rheumatoid arthritis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weakened immune system)
Dosage: 50 mg Weekly

Mar 26, 2010 (Started Jun 24, 2009)

Major (for rheumatoid arthritis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (bruising)
Dosage: 50 mg Weekly
Advice & Tips: Five years ago I tried Enbrel. I had never felt better in my entire life! Then a few months after I started taking it I noticed that I no longer felt so good, and a month after that I felt horrible. It went from the BEST I had ever felt to the WORST I had ever felt in my entire life. Having had JRA * since I was two years old that is saying a LOT! { *Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis } Now that I've been back on it again for nearly a year it is back to working, and I could not be happier! Truly as long as you do not get sick, Enbrel is one of the best of the new treatments for RA! Previous Side-effects :: I must say before when I was on it I used to bruse very, very badly. So badly in fact that there were times when I could not have the injection done on that part of my leg. Current Side-effects: The brusing is minimal, to nonexistent. Additonal Information ~ Enbrel used to be in a bottle, and you would mix the amount for injection yourself. I must say it is the preservative that burns! Take my advice on this: If you can get, and feel comfortable mixing your own -- Do it! I would go back to that in a heartbeat, but I've never been able to find a pharmacy that could tell me if it is still available like that or not. And: Do NOT Use The EpiPen! Not unless you have to. It bruised me SO badly that I could hardly walk for two weeks! I would not use an EpiPen if my life depended on it. I'm So happy my new doctor listened to me when I said, "I no longer have the range of motion to give myself the injection for one, and for two I cannot even push the EpiPen button anyway." There is NO way I'd go back to using the EpiPen. Although I know the reasoning behind it (To allow people with limited range of motion to inject themselves) I do not see the point of a device that makes the injectable so painful, and bruises you so severely you cannot walk for half a month. Conclusion ~ ALWAYS have the person doing the injections somebody who has done the same type injections on themselves. They do a much better job! Now I look forward to having my weekly injection. In fact I actually get excited about it! Maybe I'm just at the point where I am telling myself it IS working again, and it is going to continue to work for me.
Side effects: bruising

Dec 15, 2009 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Moderate (for psoriasis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (stopped working)
Advice & Tips: had a lot of hazardous waste boxes