10 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch with a side effects rating of None

68 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Sep 26, 2016 (Started Jun 27, 2012)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Major (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 50 mcg M,W,F

Aug 19, 2016 (Started Jun 01, 2006)

Major (for chronic pain)
Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: Fentanyl is what keeps me functioning on a day to day basis. Over the past many years (at least pre 2007) it has made the difference when nothing else worked.

May 29, 2016 (Started Jan 15, 2002)

Slight (for cervical spondylosis)
    Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for muscle spasms in neck)
Dosage: 25 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: Continues to relieve a considerable amount of my pain and allows me to function more than I could without the patch.  Doesn't relieve all my pain, but it sure reduces the level.

Nov 28, 2015 (Started Jan 15, 2002)

Major (for cervical spondylosis)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Moderate (for muscle spasms in neck)
Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: A correction to the above - at my doc's suggestion, we backed off the amount of fentanyl.  Downgraded to 75 mcg/hr with noticeable increase in pain levels.  At 50 mcg/hr, I couldn't function at all.  Pain levels too high and left me in bed or chair and with tears.  Back to 100 mcg/hr.  It doesn't relieve all my pain by any means, but it allows me to function.

Mar 1, 2011 (Started Jan 15, 2002)

Major (for Nerve pain/muscle spasm from degenerated cervical vertebrae)
    Major (for pain)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: As an opiod, it is critical to keep a note where easily seen to ensure changing to new patch on time. In a few hours after missing change time, unpleasant withdrawal symptoms start. It much easier to use than the oral meds and prevents the up and down pain levels that oral meds create. Like all opiods, it is constipating, but (at my docs suggestion) I take a stool softener ever morning. That seems to relieve 90% of the problem. Because of degeneration in my cervical vertebrae and the days I overdo, I supplement the patch with oral opiods as needed. All in all, without the patch, I don't think I could function at all.

Apr 12, 2016 (Started May 01, 2011)

Slight (for pain)
Dosage: 100 mcg Weekly
Advice & Tips: I change my patch every 72 hours so when I put my patch on I write the date on my patch with a permanent marker so I don't have to keep track of when to put on a new one. ....... I am a woman and I have found after many trials and errors that the best place to stick the patches is underneath your breast. The patch adheres nicely to that skin and nobody sees it. It isn't bothered by your bra either. When I put it on I hold my hand over the patch to the count of 30 so my hand warms up the adhesive so it sticks all the way around. I will look up the brand as this brand that I asked the pharmacist to get is the best brand around. Like others said, there is a difference in the brands and I told my pharmacist that! ....... I am still in horrible pain so I don't know how much pain I would be in if I did not have the Fentanyl Patch to wear. I know that when I first started wearing it I felt some difference when I got to the 100mcg patch.

Feb 24, 2011 (Started Feb 16, 2011)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I don't think this is a treatment for people who are "Pleasently plump"! I feel it was not an enough dose and had to be upd but my doctor instead took me off of the patch and back on the Morphine. I have to wait a month til my dose of Morphine can be raised. Im sorry for the disappointment and I am sooo scared that I will not find anything that works.

Feb 17, 2011 (Started Feb 16, 2011)

Can't tell (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I started the patch 2/16/11 and take it every 72 hours but I have yet to feel any relief from it and suspect I have to go up a few doses.

Oct 4, 2010 (Started Dec 15, 2009)

Slight (for pain)
Dosage: 50 mcg Daily

Feb 28, 2010 (Started May 01, 2005)

Major (for neuromyelitis optica)
Dosage: 12 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: Have been on this massive dose for over 6 years without any drowsiness, even at the start. After all this time, only recently I am having my pain return within 48 hours after each patch placement. Breakthrough medications and mediation is not helping any longer. Now considering implant pain pump as my doctors are very fearful of increasing my dosages. Excellent medication. Oh, if you been having issues with skin allergy to the patch, try changing the brand. The Mylan brand if less irritating than the Watson brand.

Sep 11, 2009 (Started Sep 02, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Moderate (for chronic pain)
    Moderate (for back pain)
  • Side effects
Dosage: 75 PATCH All the time (24/7)
Advice & Tips: MAY NOT STICK TO SKIN WELL.

Jul 15, 2009 (Started Dec 11, 2013)

Major (for pain)
  • Side effects

Apr 15, 2009 (Started May 30, 2008)

• Side effects
Dosage: 25 mcg All the time (24/7)

Showing 10 of 10 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch