3 patient evaluations for Naproxen OTC with a side effects rating of Mild

63 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Apr 19, 2012 (Started Jan 01, 2010)

Moderate (for systemic lupus erythematosus)
  • Side effects
    Mild (stomach pain)
Advice & Tips: Taking Naproxem without eating does cause stomach pain, but this can easily be alleviated by eating with it. I take it when I experience chest pain (pericarditis) and I usually take an antacid at the same time (just one daily). I get pericarditis maybe 6 times per year, and I take the naproxem for 2weeks each time. I think it helps.

Aug 15, 2011 (Started May 05, 2010)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Major (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Caused me to suffer a bleeding ulcer, and OHHH how I miss my Aleve!

Jan 1, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2005)

Moderate (for rheumatoid arthritis)
    Major (for osteoarthritis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (kidney failure)
Advice & Tips: This was a very effective medication for my early stage RA and Osteoarthritis. Unfortunately, my physician determined that the medication was increasingly damaging my kidneys (I have kidney disease). In order to preserve the present kidney function I do have, I was taken off all pain meds including Aleve. Upon stopping this medication, there was immediate, slight increase in kidney function. This has been a difficult choice-live in pain or face dialysis in the future. I am working with my physician to choose alternative pain management and medications that do not filter through the kidney as much.

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Naproxen OTC