2 patient evaluations for Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) taken for the purpose of 'Epilepsy' with a side effects rating of Severe

Tonialpha
PRO survey: PRO 3
Quality of Life:
  • Mental: Mild
  • Physical: Mild
Surgery type: Left Temporal Lobectomy, Selective Amygdalohippocampectomy, Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
100 seizures
93 weeks ago
I am: n
Epilepsy

See Tonialpha's full Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) history

Oct 20, 2011 (Started May 22, 2001)

Moderate (for Epilepsy)
  • Side Effects
    Severe (Swallowing difficulty (dysphagia))
Dosage: Weekly
Advice & Tips: Dr. turned it off for a year and that helped. Now I am having the symptoms again.
Side effects: Swallowing difficulty (dysphagia)

Sep 15, 2000 (Started May 22, 2001)

Moderate (for Epilepsy)
  • Side Effects
Advice & Tips: Initially asthma symptoms increased, used O2. I lost my ability to sing, Seizures increased, changed Epileptologist Used all ranges on machine. Changed battery. I wanted it out but seizures started to get better Now w/ low levels my seizures are better under control. Asthma is better Throat is not swollen anymore
Side effects: Swallowing difficulty (dysphagia)

Chris Kringle
  • Duration: 22 yrs
Quality of Life:
  • Mental: Unreported
  • Physical: Unreported
Surgery type: Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
0 seizures
30 weeks ago
I am: g
Epilepsy

See Chris Kringle's full Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) history

Jun 15, 2010 (Started May 29, 2009)

None (for Epilepsy)
  • Side Effects
    Severe (Numbness in left side of face, Suicidal, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Depression with anxiety, Numbness in hands and arms in AM, Cramping pain in upper back)
Advice & Tips: my experience included faulty equipment from Cyberonics (VNS manufacturer) that shocked me twice SEVERELY and would not stop....DO NOT RECIEVE THIS DEVICE. I did however receive authorization for my Michigan Medical Marijuana Permit from a very frightened Neurologist who didn't know what he was signing immediately after I had been shocked =]

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)