4 patient evaluations for Pregabalin taken for the purpose of 'Epilepsy' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Moderate

13 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Rebelor
0 seizures
20 weeks ago
I am: b

See Rebelor's full Pregabalin history

Mar 2, 2015 (Started Dec 15, 2010)

Slight (for Fibromyalgia)
    Can’t tell (for Burning Sensation Left Side)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Tightness in throat and neck area, Swelling in hands, Urinary problems, Double vision (diplopia), Withdrawal effects with missed dose)
Dosage: 75 mg Twice daily
Advice & Tips: I have perpetual fatigue and weight gain. I don't know which drugs are causing them, but they continually want to increase the Lyrica, the zoloft, the vicodin, and stop the klonopin at bedtime. I don't like taking any of them because I still have pain and feel tired and very fat. No seizures or blinks or anything, but the back pain was intense over the past month.
Side effects: Tightness in throat and neck area, Swelling in hands, Double vision (diplopia), Urinary problems

Jan 20, 2013 (Started Dec 15, 2010)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: Don't run out of medication. Withdrawal began within 24 hours and were terrible. Anxiety, restlessness, anger, severe symptoms for me. I didn't know that would happen. Two weeks later I started having seizures again.

Jun 9, 2011 (Started Dec 15, 2010)

Major (for Epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Tightness in throat and neck area, Urinary problems)
Advice & Tips: Decreased anxiety and fibromyalgia symptoms concurrently as we as stop seizures. Have side effects of weight gain, somnolence, numbness and tingling in fingers. Am also on chemotherapy so it is difficult to separate side effects!

Mar 16, 2011 (Started Dec 15, 2010)

Major (for Epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Tightness in throat and neck area)
Advice & Tips: Decreased anxiety and worry without feeling drugged. Decreased depression with a decrease in symptoms despite being diagnosed with breast cancer. Additional note is that the VA does not carry this medication due to cost.

Feb 16, 2011 (Started Dec 15, 2010)

Major (for Epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Tightness in throat and neck area)
Advice & Tips: I have now been on lyrica for about 2 months. I have had several side effect to include sleepiness, increased appetite, focus problems, completing tasks and vision problems. It does make me feel high sometimes. I have dizziness too, but lyrica has helped me with the seizures, anxiety, and pain.

Jan 4, 2011 (Started Dec 15, 2010)

Major (for Epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Tightness in throat and neck area)
Advice & Tips: I have more side effects with the lyrica but it has helped with the pain!

Dec 22, 2010 (Started Dec 15, 2010)

Can’t tell (for Epilepsy)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: This medication has sedated me totally! I just want to sleep. But, my pain is better! I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I just don't sense the pain anymore! I truly hope the sedation gets better because I feel totally gorked!

Stormborn
0 seizures
225 weeks ago
I am: vb

See Stormborn's full Pregabalin history

May 28, 2012 (Started Jan 15, 2008)

Moderate (for Pain)
    Moderate (for Epilepsy)
    Major (for Peripheral Neuropathy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Dizziness, Drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: The side effects are barely noticeable now, but when I first started taking it, then when the dosage was increased, I couldn't stay awake for anything.

damann316
50 seizures
253 weeks ago
I am: b

See damann316's full Pregabalin history

Nov 24, 2011 (Started Jan 01, 2007)

Moderate (for Epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Tiredness, Fatigue)
Dosage: 2 other Daily

• Physical: Unreported
2 seizures
319 weeks ago

See sarbear87's full Pregabalin history

Mar 23, 2010 (Started Jun 02, 2009)

Showing 4 of 4 patient evaluations for Pregabalin